Sex Pistols in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Again, I wanted it for the joke, but according to a review from that URL (as opposed to one complaining it was 5.1!) was this:

"For it's time it sounds pretty fair. There are no other SP audio out there that sound this good, honest. It's not a bad recording which was a real surprise knowing their former recordings, Silverline's reputation for bad material and quality sometimes off pace. I am amazed at it's worth every listen."

So maybe worth one listen, at least (I have tons of bootleg, so sound quality is not always a guiding issue with me) :couch

As for Silverline, I understand its reputation; however, I quite like the Donovan 5.1 they put out (ymmv). You certainly won't find it anywhere else. . . .

Again, I wanted it for the joke, but according to a review from that URL (as opposed to one complaining it was 5.1!) was this:

"For it's time it sounds pretty fair. There are no other SP audio out there that sound this good, honest. It's not a bad recording which was a real surprise knowing their former recordings, Silverline's reputation for bad material and quality sometimes off pace. I am amazed at it's worth every listen."

So maybe worth one listen, at least (I have tons of bootleg, so sound quality is not always a guiding issue with me) :couch

As for Silverline, I understand its reputation; however, I quite like the Donovan 5.1 they put out (ymmv). You certainly won't find it anywhere else. . . .

I wish I could get some PiL in surround

Johnny's underestimated IMO and PiL amassed some pretty great musicians

I have this disc and will sell it if anyone is interested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The absolute worst of the worst. And I love The Pistols.

Well, my copy arrived. We're back in the flood zone as far as weather, so I cranked it loud and gave it a chance.

Definitely not "stunning" surround as the case declares, ambient at best (my individual rear speakers were like a mono version of the front speakers). However, cranked loud, it was fun: a live vibe to it, and I've heard far worse boots. "Submission," I liked, and something about "God Save the Queen" made my dog bark (and he totally ignored the end of Sgt. Pepper). Two versions of some songs. While I have the Bollocks cd (that I never listen to), it brought back fond memories of hearing them live at Randy's Rodeo back in '77, when wearing safety pins in your ears was a fashion statement, apparently, judging by the audience.

If you can get it super cheap, it would be a conversation piece at a loud party where no one's really listening :) .

Back