Quadraphonic set up Will this work.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, Is this a good replacement needle? https://www.lpgear.com/product/SHSM0024H.html

Personally I would stick to an original if you can find one..these replacement needles may not really be shibata. I believe the only authentic shibata styluses still made are from a company called Jico but I've never used one.

I've gone through many a CD-4 cart over the years and the M24H was one of my favorites (as you can tell from my avatar)...unfortunately it's pretty worn out now. I recently switched to a JVC 4MD-20X with a NoS ATN14 and my setup has never sounded better.

Good luck setting carrier and separation controls! I hope you have a good test record and a screw driver

M24H is a great cart. Hopefully the stylus is in good shape. That's what I used back in the day and I still have one on my current (non-USB) turntable. However, my demodulator is crap at this point. :(

BTW - The spare stylus (if you can find it) is an N-24H

That's too bad...I remember when my 4DD-5 failed a few years ago it really sucked. Nothing worse than having tons of discs and no way to play them.

Interestingly there is an ever-revolving door of new and used demodulators on eBay lately. There always seem to be new listings of the more common models (4DD5, CD400B, QD240, etc)...you have to wonder who is unloading this stuff and if they even know what it is.

Back