The Doors - The Singles (2CD/4.0 Blu-Ray set) coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered as soon as I heard about the Quad 'Best Of..'. No brainer.

I am a huge fan of what Warner/Rhino seems to be doing here, and I want to support this. Great content, reasonable price. If they keep this up, I'll buy every darn thing like this that they release. This is how it is supposed to be done.

Case in point - the Warner/Rhino Quadio Set from Chicago was worth every dime. In fact, I'm spinning Chicago III right now.

I think someone over at WB is reading this Forum quiet frequently. I mean, why not?!

Ordered this collection this morning. It will be interesting to compare to the AF SACD Quad release.

The BluRay quad has a different mastering from the AF.
I'm curious to hear your reactions.

I like the bass better on the BD, FWIW.

That wouldn't be a surprise since the reissue label tapes revert back to the licensing record label at the end of the reissue license.

Such is never the case with Rhino.
Meaning whatever master is prepared for AF, MoFi, etc. it is never requested or utilized for a future reissue.

It lives and dies with its release.

You obviously have a pre-release copy.
I for one, would be interested in your thoughts of the BD now! ;)

This is great news. Like others here I also preordered and I also have the AF Doors sacd.

However, given the storage capacity of bluray I am wondering why hi rez versions of the singles aren't being included on it?
Am I an idiot for asking?

This is great news. Like others here I also preordered and I also have the AF Doors sacd.

However, given the storage capacity of bluray I am wondering why hi rez versions of the singles aren't being included on it?

A most valid question!

It's kind of a surprise that the quad BEST OF THE DOORS will be included, but that's a good thing if you don't already have it in some form. What interests me here is finally gathering all the mono and stereo singles mixes/edits together in one place. Many lesser acts have already gotten this treatment, and the Doors' singles are well worth hearing again, and essential listening for those who missed them the first time or are too young to remember. Bring it on! :smokin

ED :)

The additional publishing licenses on 40 additional tracks would push the price point beyond what the powers-that-be feel the market would bear.

The additional publishing licenses on 40 additional tracks would push the price point beyond what the powers-that-be feel the market would bear.

Hey man - I (we, I assume) love it when you post on here...especially when there is news to tell. You tell it like it is, which I (we) appreciate!

Thanks and keep up the great work...

Thank you for the answer! I appreciate your response.
I will not ask why or how the music industry works......:confused:

Can I come over and have a listen? I probably live next door. ;)

Joking aside (really, I am serious about dropping by...lol), I originally purchased this set just for the quad on the BD and hope it is closer to the original quad in the bass department for which I always felt was lacking on the Audio Fidelity release in comparison to the original. So, you will get my answer on the sound quality in approximately 11 weeks. :)

Bullmoose is showing all the tracks for this 3 disc release.

disc 1.JPGdisc 2.JPGdisc 3.JPG

Thanks, GOS.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the draw of this set was the Mono singles?
I only see 4 listed as such.

Thanks, GOS.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the draw of this set was the Mono singles?
I only see 4 listed as such.

All the singles up to "Hello I Love You" are mono (and most are unique edits/mixes) the rest are stereo, save "Roadhouse Blues," "You Make Me Real" & "Mosquito".

The 4 Mono Radio versions are bonus tracks, if you will.

All the singles up to "Hello I Love You" are mono (and most are unique edits/mixes) the rest are stereo, save "Roadhouse Blues," "You Make Me Real" & "Mosquito".

Are you talking about disc 1, when you say "up to"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Back