The Doors - The Singles (2CD/4.0 Blu-Ray set) coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the AF version at the time. Not a huge Doors fan and doubt I'd play it more than once But I'll pick this up just to support Rhino and hope for more releases

ForagingRhino? Please, are you allowed to state if there will be a stereo mix along with the quad mix on the Blu-ray Disc? It's not listed within any of the descriptions I've read. Thank you in advance? :)

Good. We absolutely don't need the stereo tracks in high resolution again

You mean you don't need. I don't have any stereo hi-rez Doors music and it would have been nice to have the stereo mixes included. I use headphones a lot. Not a big deal, though, as I'm sure my Oppo player does a good job of converting 4 tracks to 2.

I passed on the AF version at the time. Not a huge Doors fan and doubt I'd play it more than once But I'll pick this up just to support Rhino and hope for more releases

I'm in a similar boat. I have Perception but find it unwieldy for a lightly casual fan (why I even own it is a long story). My main reason for this purchase will be to support the label in hopes for potentially more 4.0 or 5.1 releases. Unlike Chicago, I can afford this symbolic purchase and would continue down the road.

Update: if you haven't ordered it yet, deepdiscount has it for $16.14 after 15% discount with code AUTUMN (expires 9/13). Shipping is free if you spend $25. Me, I added the new 3-CD Stax collection for $13.59, much less than Ama... place.

I may go broke but at least I'll go deaf doing it. Or something.

Wow, I'm impressed. Chad with Bull Moose sent me an email saying their price has since lowered from when I pre-ordered. So, they applied a $5 discount to my original purchase price. So, I'm now getting it for $17.97 :)

And, he says my copy is shipping out tomorrow. :banana:

I'm in a similar boat. I have Perception but find it unwieldy for a lightly casual fan (why I even own it is a long story). My main reason for this purchase will be to support the label in hopes for potentially more 4.0 or 5.1 releases. Unlike Chicago, I can afford this symbolic purchase and would continue down the road.

Update: if you haven't ordered it yet, deepdiscount has it for $16.14 after 15% discount with code AUTUMN (expires 9/13). Shipping is free if you spend $25. Me, I added the new 3-CD Stax collection for $13.59, much less than Ama... place.

I may go broke but at least I'll go deaf doing it. Or something.

I likewise ordered The Doors Singles from Deep Discount for $16.14 [$3.50 less than Amazon w/tax] and also placed an order for Independence Day, 20th Anniversary edition in UHD 4K for $15.48 [a full $13.50 less than Amazon]:yikes

Deep Discount's 15% off coupon [code: AUTUMN] ends TODAY @ Noon, CT

http://www.deepdiscount.com/singles/081227934675

Last edited:
Backside:
61Ag1-Em0tL.jpg

:)

I too took advantage of the 15% AUTUMN code from DeepDiscount. I paired my copy of The Doors "The Singles" set with Chilli Willi & The Red Hot Peppers' "Real Gone" compilation.

Last edited:
If ever a release deserved to sell in millions this is it!

Superb sound, authored just right. Excellent value for money. I prefer it to the SACD by a country mile.

Buy it!!!!

P1010541_zpswollxkj6.jpg

My copy arrives tomorrow. I completely forgot I ordered it from Amazon months ago, until I got a ship notice.

Earlier this week I was debating ordering from deepdiscount, forgetting I had one in queue!

Now I'm excited :)

Killing me! I can't wait to get my copy. Yes, I'm a Doors Fanatic....I admit.

If ever a release deserved to sell in millions this is it!

Superb sound, authored just right. Excellent value for money. I prefer it to the SACD by a country mile.

Buy it!!!!

View attachment 30670

Having owned the original DVD~A of LA Woman, the 12 disc Perception Box and the AF QUAD SACD, I was serious wafflling on whether to buy this set or not.

Based on your kudos, SO glad I did.

Mine shipped out yesterday from Deep Discount and for $16, a TRUE bargain and I love the Quadradisc logo on the BD~A......nice touch.

I thought we were told it's the exact same Quad mix, so I don't know how it could sound better. Maybe Oxen simply prefers the format over the SACD.
Mastering can be wildly different, sure you knew.....

Back