Jethro Tull DVD 96/24 DTS STEREO disc plays at half the speed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK, a question for you technicians....
All of my Jethro Tull DVDs have this flaw when played on a (cheapo, but still HDMI out) player ...

The DTS 96/24 STEREO(ONLY, not the MCH) files play at half the speed !!!

Any of you guys would know if it's DTS thing or an authoring glitch.
I mean , they play fine on the rest of my players, but I thought I'd share...

Anybody else have this problem too??

I had a wierd DTS thing with the Songs From the Big Chair DVD from the box set on an old Denon universal player (DVD, not BD) and I can't remember what it was, but it seemed some innocuous setting which should have had nothing to do with it made some kind of improvement...

EDIT: I've just found some old emails, and it was if I adjusted the LPCM downsample setting I could get a usable signal. No idea why that would have made a difference, and can't remember how I found out!

OK, a question for you technicians....
All of my Jethro Tull DVDs have this flaw when played on a (cheapo, but still HDMI out) player ...

The DTS 96/24 STEREO(ONLY, not the MCH) files play at half the speed !!!

Any of you guys would know if it's DTS thing or an authoring glitch.
I mean , they play fine on the rest of my players, but I thought I'd share...

Anybody else have this problem too??

Not that specific problem, but most if not all of the Tull DTS tracks freeze up randomly during playback on my Cambridge Audio 650BD but are fine on the cheap Panasonic player...

Have you tried them at 45rpm rather than 33rpm? ;)

Not that specific problem, but most if not all of the Tull DTS tracks freeze up randomly during playback on my Cambridge Audio 650BD but are fine on the cheap Panasonic player...

Have you tried them at 45rpm rather than 33rpm? ;)

I know..weird...eh?

Yes, I've tried it at 45 (with a yellow spindle too!!!!)

Back