SPOTLIGHT RARE QUAD LP'S, TAPES or CD'S

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isao Tomita -Bermuda Triangle. CD-4 (and Bi-phonic according to the liner notes)

20170723_140210.jpg20170723_140229.jpg20170723_140459.jpg

In brackets it has the U.S. discrete # ARD1 , but was never issued. Instead RCA made this import available.

20170723_140449.jpg

Nice I have that one too...I think it was one of the last CD-4s ever issued (1979!). Also I always thought the obi artwork looks like a lightsaber hilt.[/QUOTE]

If you look real close, you can see the BI-PHONIC listings on that OBI . I think it relates to the stereo issues.

There was one more to come, btw. It was released/imported to RCA in 80 I think. Gotta love the artwork of those RCA JAPAN CD-4'S .(y)

Just won auction on this...have heard the awesome conversion from reel but will be cool having the vinyl. Will go nicely with my copies of Carole King- Tapestry (4D-2) and Carpenters- The Singles (4D-22). Will add pics of those later. I understand this series from King records is pretty rare since most of the titles were released in SQ in the US.

Anyone else have any of these King titles? Been looking for Wakeman's Six Wives in CD-4 and some Project 3 titles released in QS in Japan only.

s-l1600.jpg

Hi. All

I thought I would pop this LP in this thread seeing it is rare I don't now to much about it, I was informed that it was used in Japan for demonstration purpose only & was not released to the public and there weren't that many made.

''London'' CD-4 Demonstrations 1974...

I had never heard of this LP before
But since you put in on the site 4 others have been up for sale I have brought 1

Hi. All

I thought I would pop this LP in this thread seeing it is rare I don't now to much about it, I was informed that it was used in Japan for demonstration purpose only & was not released to the public and there weren't that many made.

''London'' CD-4 Demonstrations 1974...

I had never heard of this LP before
But since you put in on the site 4 others have been up for sale I have brought 1

Ron, Is that on the London Records label ? Or....

a pic would be sooooo nice, or album #'s if pic's a problem, old buddy .:D

Me thinks that you just might have the Quad Collection of Collections........a real WOW factor for us quadro fans and collectors .

Gonna have to change your moniker to "QuadraUltramatisFather " .........via Australia no less. !! :D:smokin .

It is on London label
The same as the picture that is on the site
on the first page

Just won auction on this...have heard the awesome conversion from reel but will be cool having the vinyl. Will go nicely with my copies of Carole King- Tapestry (4D-2) and Carpenters- The Singles (4D-22). Will add pics of those later. I understand this series from King records is pretty rare since most of the titles were released in SQ in the US.

Anyone else have any of these King titles? Been looking for Wakeman's Six Wives in CD-4 and some Project 3 titles released in QS in Japan only.

View attachment 30214

Hi,

Nope, but I might have bought one just for the album cover artwork, the car is a Ferrari Daytona. So it's a Carole King album...

Cheers!

Back