SPOTLIGHT RARE QUAD LP'S, TAPES or CD'S

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some of me CD-4 UK LPs have this sticker;

eUfJ3Cx.jpg

Repurposed stereo covers, as in the german D.W.?

and lastly the famous BEAN WHISTLE RAG CD-4 45:

Side 1.jpg
Side 2.jpg

Most of these images above are gathered from either my eBay auctions of old, or other people's eBay auctions.
So, thanks to those sellers of whose jpeg's I pinched! :smokin

Yes thanks Freddie at the Ready.

I just know both you (and BBQ (y)(y) :smokin )must have a few dozen rare or considered rare quad music titles. Probably enough to crash this site . :yikes

oh i don't know what's really rare and what's just obscure?
i mean there's Quad LPs I've picked up the last couple of years nobody else has mentioned (Alcatraz : El Vuelo Del Alcatraz, John Gregory : A Man For All Seasons, several CD-4 & SQ Japanese titles, Spanish CBS SQ pressings, Spanish & South American EMI SQ pressings, German EMI and BASF SQ LPs, Australian EMI SQ, New Zealand Phonogram SQ pressings for CBS, various samplers, Israeli CBS SQ pressings, Dutch CBS SQ LPs, etc.) but it may be that they thought they weren't worth mentioning!?
(whereas to me it's all exciting and all worth mentioning but i don't want to fill this thread up with stuff that's not considered truly rare by QQ members!)

oh i don't know what's really rare and what's just obscure?
i mean there's Quad LPs I've picked up the last couple of years nobody else has mentioned (Alcatraz : El Vuelo Del Alcatraz, John Gregory : A Man For All Seasons, several CD-4 & SQ Japanese titles, Spanish CBS SQ pressings, Spanish & South American EMI SQ pressings, German EMI and BASF SQ LPs, Australian EMI SQ, New Zealand Phonogram SQ pressings for CBS, various samplers, Israeli CBS SQ pressings, Dutch CBS SQ LPs, etc.) but it may be that they thought they weren't worth mentioning!?
(whereas to me it's all exciting and all worth mentioning but i don't want to fill this thread up with stuff that's not considered truly rare by QQ members!)

Well, a good measure of what would be considered rare/obscure might be anything "not " listed in the Quad Discography.

And any WEA EURO CD-4 pressings and also quad discs that are L.E. Demos, Demos not for sale ,and tapes. And Exclusive to a region or Country. Discs and tapes issued in smaller #'s for Local markets.

For me any disc or tape from outside of North America, most especially any pressed for a local market , Israel, S.America, S.Africa , the former Soviet Union ,Mexico, etc, etc. and most U.K. discs and tapes.

In short----if you think it's rare, then it is . (Lets keep in mind no one is making 'em anymore , so they're all kinda rare nowadays )

Back