SONY to begin pressing Vinyl Records ONCE AGAIN

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news that Sony is pressing Vinyl again, which is ultimately the gold standard..... Wonder if we'll get new Quad vinyls ? ( would be the only way I'll redo vinyl ) What is the global breakdown on sales per continent? .....It's physical, something to hold on to, show off, collect, I say great move Sony now promote it with new low cost turntables.

Ah vinyl...nice and smooth sounding despite the clicks, pops, surface noise and all. Why can't they make digital sources sound like vinyl? Because they won't. If they made vinyl sound as loud as digital sources, the stylus would jump right out of the groove.

Good news that Sony is pressing Vinyl again, which is ultimately the gold standard..... Wonder if we'll get new Quad vinyls ? ( would be the only way I'll redo vinyl ) What is the global breakdown on sales per continent? .....It's physical, something to hold on to, show off, collect, I say great move Sony now promote it with new low cost turntables.

At least SONY took the initiative to press vinyl in quality conscious Japan but I wouldn't place ANY bets that CD~4/SQ will be revived. And therein lies the beauty of digital. Spend enough gelt and you, too, can experience the warmth of vinyl [?] via digital....and in surround which turntables could only hint at....even on a good day.

And if you really think a cheap turntable will be the solution, think again.

If I learned one thing over my many years of building up a state of the art system.......You really DO get what you pay for.

At least SONY took the initiative to press vinyl in quality conscious Japan but I wouldn't place ANY bets that CD~4/SQ will be revived. And therein lies the beauty of digital. Spend enough gelt and you, too, can experience the warmth of vinyl [?] via digital....and in surround which turntables could only hint at....even on a good day.

And if you really think a cheap turntable will be the solution, think again.

If I learned one thing over my many years of building up a state of the art system.......You really DO get what you pay for.

Good point! I keep telling people this. Especially with audio equipment! But most learn the hard way, putting money into a loosing issue, then spending 3 times more to save a buck!

Back