• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Marantz CD-400B CD-4 Demodulator for Parts or Repair

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
I used this Marantz demodulator for several years, then it quit working. It powers up and the CD-4 'radar' indicator light comes on when I play a setup disk (not included, and not for sale), but there is no sound. The 4-channel Auxilliary pass-through works fine, so it is not a connection issue. It might be something you can fix, or there might be some hard-to-find parts that are still good. Either way, I am selling it AS-IS. This was one of the best, and I hope someone can put it to good use.

I would prefer to ship within Canada so that you can pay by Interac Direct money transfer, but I am open to shipping to the USA if you pay with PayPal as a GIFT. Maybe I am paranoid, but I can't take the chance that someone will complain to PayPal that it doesn't work properly ... IT DOESN'T ... and demand a refund. Make me an offer by Private Message, and include shipping in your offer. I don't want much, but it must have some value. I am not a haggler. I will either say 'yes' or 'no'. Please respect this.

Attachments

• P1020610.jpg
    P1020610.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 139
  • P1020612.jpg
    P1020612.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I forgot that I had this, but I will include a photocopy of the CD-400B manual with a fold-out electrical schematic that should help you find the fault. I am not that technically-inclined, but if there are no takers I might see if I can get it repaired locally and keep it as a spare.

Attachments

• P1020614.jpg
    P1020614.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 97
Please consider this thread closed. I found a local guy who specialized in vintage gear, and he found a bad relay.
I had him do a full recap, and the total price was very reasonable. I will pack up my JVC unit and keep it as a spare.

Back