The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much included on the stand-alone BluRay!

After I played with the disc I ripped the audio (not the video though) using MakeMKV and DVD Audio Extractor. More than 11GB of files, counting the 96K stereo and 5.1 mixes.

DVD Audio Extractor had no database entries yet, so I entered the titles manually (pulled from Discogs) and uploaded so the next ripper can take advantage. First time this has ever happened to me... guess it was my turn to get things started.....

FYI - the track times in Discogs don't quite match the times reported by my BluRay player. The BluRay player matches DVD Audio Extractor exactly.

This disc is smoking hot! Unbelievable what a massive amount of content is on it. Great to see the bonus album and acoustics in surround as well. Hoping that the future reissues of the back catalogue also will include the bonus albums and EPs connected to the album proper in surround treatment as well.

This disc is smoking hot! Unbelievable what a massive amount of content is on it. Great to see the bonus album and acoustics in surround as well. Hoping that the future reissues of the back catalogue also will include the bonus albums and EPs connected to the album proper in surround treatment as well.

Robert thanks for the reminder on this one, not that I needed one as I have been checking my order weekly only seeing it delayed and delayed but finally it says around Nov.10th so just another 2 weeks for me, the waiting is the hardest part but this is going to be so much fun to listen to :)

The next loaded up disk to look forward to is XTC Black Sea which is coming soon

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.20 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Where We Stood ( Blu-ray )
Price on order date: $14.99
Price charged at shipping: $14.79
Lowest price before release date: $14.79
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.20
$0.20 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Whoo-hoo! I saved 20 cents.

Yesterday, I received this BD and had planned to watch/listen to it last night but fell asleep during a hockey game. I woke up later only to have no energy and crawled into bed. Then, I woke up at 3:30 am wide awake. WTH?? :rolleyes:

My new plan is to give this a spin later today. :)

I’ve listened to Your Wilderness off of the Where We Stood BD. As I listened, I felt something didn’t sound right. One thing, dynamics seemed to be off. Sure enough, I relistened to the DVD from the deluxe box set of Your Wilderness and the dynamics were back along with the tracks having more weight. May be my setup but I remember the DVD sounding the same on my last system. On another note and for some reason, the sound does improve on the BD if I engage the Dolby Atmos upmix but that upmix still sounds better with the MLP track on the DVD.

Now, to watch the concert...

WOOHOO, finally got my copy today, have checked out a bit of the concert and checked out the '8 Years later' in surround as was too curious as had the stereo on the boxset but not the surround, so far so good.

I was truely shocked from another late order from amazon.ca they made good by delivering on a Sunday which for Canada we don't usually get deliveries on a Sunday, this is only the second time in my whole life getting something on a Sunday, the other time it was a Christmas delivery, a week before Christmas getting something on a Sunday, so this was a very pleasant surprise today.

Since Neil Wilkes has not been on QQ since the very beginning of this year (and since I was one of the QQ members who originally tested this Blu-ray Disc before release), I have put together a blog post about how to navigate through this very dense disc:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...pple-Thief-s-quot-Where-We-Stood-quot-Blu-Ray

(I have also added this blog link to the first post of the "Where We Stood" poll thread)

:)

Was ripping my disc the other day for back-up purposes (and so I can listen to the hi-res audio without the video) and noticed a problem with the 2 channel 24/96 track of the live show. During ''No Man's Land'' there is a small drop-out in the audio only (video looks to be fine) around the 2nd verse. Anyone else can confirm this on their copy also? I never noticed it until now as I've only listened to the 5.1 mixes when watching the show.

I will report back with an exact time stamp later.

A new configuration of "Where We Stood" is being released by Kscope on June 12th. It's a CD/Blu-Ray configuration:
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34471705/the-pineapple-thief-where-we-stood-cd-blu-ray
(Note that the Blu-Ray content appears to be exactly the same as the previous Blu-Ray release)

:)

This is only happening because I broke down and bought the last box set. You're welcome.

If you would like to return the favor, go buy an "All This Will Be Yours: box set so they can finally get around to a bluray release for that.

😆

Just received this today. Popped the Blu-Ray into the player after the Viking Debacle and a game of Uno with the family. I had read nothing about the release, just heard it was a good one to get after trying TPT this year. I was floored by how packed this disc is.

I watched the concert with interviews. It had only one 5.1 mix. Does the concert by itself have both 5.1 mixes?

Loved the concert, can't wait to dig into the albums over the weekend.

Just received this today. Popped the Blu-Ray into the player after the Viking Debacle and a game of Uno with the family. I had read nothing about the release, just heard it was a good one to get after trying TPT this year. I was floored by how packed this disc is.

I watched the concert with interviews. It had only one 5.1 mix. Does the concert by itself have both 5.1 mixes?

Loved the concert, can't wait to dig into the albums over the weekend.

My disc offers both natural and discrete mixes in 5.1, I am old and haven´t a clue what the difference is to be honest.

Back