The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standard blu ray for me as well.

I'm in for the blu-ray. What a great release! A live surround concert and two albums in surround! The bargain release of 2017 (if not the millennium).

Very much looking forward to this, having missed out on the expensive collectors edition of the previous PT surround release (only version in surround). Thanks Bruce and all those involved in putting this together!!

I'm amazed by the package and didn't hesitate to order the box set. What exemplary work!

Eager to see how the songs from Your Wilderness translate to live interpretations. The studio work seemed so sonically delicate and exacting. Also eager to hear how they performed the title track, as it looks like the running time is much longer than the studio version.

Will the Wilderness reissue be a different 5.1 mix than the original 5.1? I seem to recall a Bruce tweet about wanting to correct something(s) in the first 5.1 mix..

I had forgotten to place my order, so I just opted for the Bluray single. Burning Shed, $3 shipping and total of $21 or so. Nice :)

Reading the blurb on what's contained on this 'awesome' BD~A/V is mind boggling. Finally, complete utilization of the ample real estate contained on a single BD disc.

IMO, if Universal had taken this approach with their BD~A launch, it could've succeeded.

Can't wait to receive my copy.....BD~A/V only!

Reading the blurb on what's contained on this 'awesome' BD~A/V is mind boggling. Finally, complete utilization of the ample real estate contained on a single BD disc.

IMO, if Universal had taken this approach with their BD~A launch, it could've succeeded.

Can't wait to receive my copy.....BD~A/V only!

Yep, it's what we all want. :)

Hmmm! The DVD sounds great to me. I wonder what that something is?

This is what Bruce Soord said on another thread here on QQ:

"Hi everyone - sorry not been here for a while but it was lovely to read the comments here about Your Wilderness. Funnily enough I came here because when I listened to the 5.1 mix fresh a few months back, I remember thinking a backing vocal in the rears was way too loud for one of the tracks (I'm sure someone else picked up on that too). But can't seem to find it now.

Also I am currently putting content together for the new live blu-ray. The special edition will have Your Wilderness 5.1 (hence my opportunity to fix the bug) but reading comments here, I might also do a 5.1 mix of '8 Years Later' if people would like that? Neil Wilkes is doing the authoring.

Cheers

Bruce"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've pre-ordered the deluxe, not that I need the CD's or DVD but I do like the big book editions and £35 is a reasonable price for what you get.

I'm very pleased to be able to report that Bruce's surround mix of the "8 Years Later" bonus album is absolutely top drawer and, imho, easily worth the price of the BluRay alone! :banana:

Just a quick update on this - I've been play testing the rest of the material for Bruce and, once again, he's done a stellar job on the mixing. As someone else pointed out; there's a mind boggling (ear boggling?) amount of material in this set and the quality of playing, recording and mixing is top drawer.

The best bit is that there's tons of discrete surround material too
:51banana:

8 Years Later sounds awesome in 5.1 and the actual live album in surround is right up there with the best live surround albums. Plus there's a set of six acoustic "bonus" numbers all of which have "semi-discrete" mixes. I say "semi" because there's only so much you can do with acoustic guitar/vocal, but even here the mixes are very immersive!

I think this is going to make people very happy when it comes out. :)

Back