The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious....
Does anyone recall if Burning Shed ships prior to the release date or on the release date?

My memory is hazy on their procedure.

I was browsing, I didn't know it existed! Has anybody listened to this?

This is the third in a series of exclusive TPT live downloads and was recorded at De Boederij in the Netherlands during the Magnolia European tour in November, 2014.*
The first TPT release to be available in 5.1 surround, the download features 18 tracks in stereo and surround 24bit/44.1kHz FLAC
Comes with a PDF booklet containing lyrics and artwork.*

https://burningshed.com/the-pineapple-thief_live-2014_download-flac-bundle

I was browsing, I didn't know it existed! Has anybody listened to this?

This is the third in a series of exclusive TPT live downloads and was recorded at De Boederij in the Netherlands during the Magnolia European tour in November, 2014.*
The first TPT release to be available in 5.1 surround, the download features 18 tracks in stereo and surround 24bit/44.1kHz FLAC
Comes with a PDF booklet containing lyrics and artwork.*

https://burningshed.com/the-pineapple-thief_live-2014_download-flac-bundle
Yes, I bought this one at the time. So and so release. Nice concert but classic 5.1 mix (all in front of you and mainly echo and applause on the rear). Bruce has evolved quite a lot since he mixed this

Just finished downloading, thanks.

Yes, I bought this one at the time. So and so release. Nice concert but classic 5.1 mix (all in front of you and mainly echo and applause on the rear). Bruce has evolved quite a lot since he mixed this

Just a quick update on this - I've been play testing the rest of the material for Bruce and, once again, he's done a stellar job on the mixing. As someone else pointed out; there's a mind boggling (ear boggling?) amount of material in this set and the quality of playing, recording and mixing is top drawer.

The best bit is that there's tons of discrete surround material too
:51banana:

8 Years Later sounds awesome in 5.1 and the actual live album in surround is right up there with the best live surround albums. Plus there's a set of six acoustic "bonus" numbers all of which have "semi-discrete" mixes. I say "semi" because there's only so much you can do with acoustic guitar/vocal, but even here the mixes are very immersive!

I think this is going to make people very happy when it comes out. :)

I concur with everything that Neil P has said!

Myself and several other QQ members are in the midst of testing the Blu-Ray for Bruce and Neil Wilkes, and after going through all of the content today, I can honestly say that this could be the best Blu-Ray release of the year!
Not only that, but I think this could easily be the best live Blu-Ray since Porcupine Tree's "Anesthetize"!
Both 5.1 mixes of the live concert are very good and enveloping.
My personal preference is to watch the concert as is (with no interviews) and then watch the interviews on their own in the bonus videos section, but if you want to watch the concert interspersed with the interviews, you can certainly do that on this disc!
I also think it's really cool that Bruce included the "Your Wilderness" 5.1 mix on here for those who could not get the DVDA-V, but for those who do have the deluxe edition and really like the "8 Years Later" album will love the 5.1 mix of that album featured here for the first time on this Blu-Ray!
Finally, out of the 6 acoustic tracks also included in 5.1 surround, the highlight of those tracks for me is definitely the version of "Fend For Yourself" with the Anchoress. It's beautiful!

So that's all I have for now, but I will definitely be making a poll for this Blu-Ray as the release date gets closer, and those of us who have been fortunate enough to get to check out this disc ahead of time will jump in and wax lyrical about how great it is and how you should all preorder it now! (if you have not done so already...)

:)

Steven Wilson's To the Bone was originally listed as a region 2 on Amazon (.ca and .com) but has been changed to All Regions. I would keep an eye on the Where We Stood listing as I suspect it will be changed also.

Yes, I think it's because the source of their info comes from European amazon, but I am pretty sure that it will change in the coming weeks.

Email from Burning Shed this morning:

We have been informed by Kscope that the release date has changed for some formats of this live album:

KSCOPE536 - boxset/deluxe edition
KSCOPE535 - blu-ray
KSCOPE490 - cd/dvd

All now released 6th of October 2017

KSCOPE953 - vinyl and any digital downloads you might have ordered elsewhere are still being released on the 8th of September.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for your patience.

Okay, it happens, but in cases like this where the download is still released a month before shouldn't the deluxe set orders get a download included?

Email from Burning Shed this morning:

I'll blame the delay on rtbluray for taking too long testing the thing ;)

A bit bummed by the delay as I originally thought it was coming out this month. I was fooled by the non-north american date format on the Burning Shed site. Also worried that the SW "To the Bone" bluray purchased from Amazon USA will be delayed. The order still is listing the "we need more time" message.

Last edited:
I'll blame the delay on rtbluray for taking too long testing the thing ;)

You would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

Honestly, I knew this was coming. I didn't know for sure the release date was delayed until I saw the news on here, but given the fact that all of the disc contents were just finished up and delivered to Neil Wilkes for authoring at the beginning of last week, I wasn't surprised at all when I saw today that the release date was being pushed back.

This is a very ambitious project. Most artists who are at the level of fame and success that the Pineapple Thief are currently at right now would not attempt something that is nearly this ambitious (and let's face it, even the most well-known artists still play it safe when it comes to a lot of their releases!)
Just to give you an idea of the scale we are talking about here, a dual-layer Blu-Ray can hold up to 50GB.
This Blu-Ray (on last download) was 49.3GB, so Bruce really has crammed everything he could manage into the available space!

Even though the release date delay is disappointing because all of you have to wait longer to hear it, I can gladly say that this Blu-Ray IS worth the wait!

As I have said before, the live concert rivals "Anesthetize" by Porcupine Tree in terms of its great music, visuals, and audio mix.
(Gavin Harrison absolutely SLAYS in the drum department, as he is does with all of his bands, but this group really is the natural extension of how he was previously playing in Porcupine Tree, so it really is a musical match made in heaven!)
Plus there's TWO different 5.1 audio mixes for the main concert (and both are fantastic!) so when you throw that in along with the 5.1 mixes for "Your Wilderness", "8 Years Later", and the 6 bonus acoustic mixes all for an unbeatable price, it really does make this release a top contender for Blu-Ray release of the year!

So again, the delay sucks, but this disc is totally worth the wait, and I think it should be in everyone's collection! (especially at that low price!)

You would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

Honestly, I knew this was coming. I didn't know for sure the release date was delayed until I saw the news on here, but given the fact that all of the disc contents were just finished up and delivered to Neil Wilkes for authoring at the beginning of last week, I wasn't surprised at all when I saw today that the release date was being pushed back.

This is a very ambitious project. Most artists who are at the level of fame and success that the Pineapple Thief are currently at right now would not attempt something that is nearly this ambitious (and let's face it, even the most well-known artists still play it safe when it comes to a lot of their releases!)
Just to give you an idea of the scale we are talking about here, a dual-layer Blu-Ray can hold up to 50GB.
This Blu-Ray (on last download) was 49.3GB, so Bruce really has crammed everything he could manage into the available space!

Even though the release date delay is disappointing because all of you have to wait longer to hear it, I can gladly say that this Blu-Ray IS worth the wait!

As I have said before, the live concert rivals "Anesthetize" by Porcupine Tree in terms of its great music, visuals, and audio mix.
(Gavin Harrison absolutely SLAYS in the drum department, as he is does with all of his bands, but this group really is the natural extension of how he was previously playing in Porcupine Tree, so it really is a musical match made in heaven!)
Plus there's TWO different 5.1 audio mixes for the main concert (and both are fantastic!) so when you throw that in along with the 5.1 mixes for "Your Wilderness", "8 Years Later", and the 6 bonus acoustic mixes all for an unbeatable price, it really does make this release a top contender for Blu-Ray release of the year!

So again, the delay sucks, but this disc is totally worth the wait, and I think it should be in everyone's collection! (especially at that low price!)

How did you really know that the 5.1 is great? Do you have a copy?

in cases like this where the download is still released a month before shouldn't the deluxe set orders get a download included?

Well, I replied to Burning Shed with that question and asked if they could pass it on the Kscope - got a quick reply (aren't they great!) that he (Pete) will indeed pass on the request and that it was a good idea....fingers crossed that maybe we'll get at least the main live set to listen to next month.

With all the candy included on this release, they can prolong the delivery date even more for me, it's likely that good and worth waiting for!

I concur with everything that Neil P has said!

Myself and several other QQ members are in the midst of testing the Blu-Ray for Bruce and Neil Wilkes, and after going through all of the content today, I can honestly say that this could be the best Blu-Ray release of the year!
Not only that, but I think this could easily be the best live Blu-Ray since Porcupine Tree's "Anesthetize"!
Both 5.1 mixes of the live concert are very good and enveloping.
My personal preference is to watch the concert as is (with no interviews) and then watch the interviews on their own in the bonus videos section, but if you want to watch the concert interspersed with the interviews, you can certainly do that on this disc!
I also think it's really cool that Bruce included the "Your Wilderness" 5.1 mix on here for those who could not get the DVDA-V, but for those who do have the deluxe edition and really like the "8 Years Later" album will love the 5.1 mix of that album featured here for the first time on this Blu-Ray!
Finally, out of the 6 acoustic tracks also included in 5.1 surround, the highlight of those tracks for me is definitely the version of "Fend For Yourself" with the Anchoress. It's beautiful!

So that's all I have for now, but I will definitely be making a poll for this Blu-Ray as the release date gets closer, and those of us who have been fortunate enough to get to check out this disc ahead of time will jump in and wax lyrical about how great it is and how you should all preorder it now! (if you have not done so already...)

I, too, am testing the disc and I can concur with all that has been said. This is easily my favorite music bluray of the year. The music is superb and the mixes are top-notch. Video quality is excellent as well. nice and crisp. Get this and turn it up. Bruce has done an excellent job here and i think you will be very pleased for sure. And by the way... when Ryan says this thing is crammed full he is not kidding. You get just a shitload of content. Enjoy!!!

And indeed - this morning I woke up to find a link to download mp3's of the album in my inbox....once again Burning Shed comes though and does it right, with thanks to Kscope as well.

Makes the wait for the deluxe album a little easier - I can blast the mp3's in the car!

Back