The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-order the Blu-Ray even though it said region 2 on Amazon ca to have the best price possible. The region code info should change just before the release, if not I will have to cancel my order if I don't want to be stuck with a non-playable disk.

Really looking forward to this one as I was at the gig, it really was a great night. I'm especially pleased that Bruce took note of my (and subsequently others) comments on here about 8 Years Later deserving a 5.1 mix, amazing that he actually did it, sort of proves if you don't ask you don't get, top stuff Bruce if you're watching! I also have the bonus of seeing them live again next week with Gavin, it's just a shame the deluxe won't be here so I can get it signed by them all...

So then Bruce, when do you start work on the previous albums in 5.1? ;)

I play tested Bruce's surround mixes for this project before it went to authoring.

Believe me - It will be worth the wait! :)

Like others here I have preordered this. A complete blind buy for me. I got the email link for the MP3s, downloaded them and put them on my phone.
I am just about at the end of the album now. This is wonderful music, great live performance and sounds great on my buds. I am really looking forward to receiving the full package when its released......:D

Another benefit from reading QQ. If not for QQ my wallet would develop constipation......

According to amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, the release date might be delayed another 1-2 weeks, but in the meantime, here's the back of the Blu-Ray:

61NRbvQKJKL._SL1200_.jpg

Not being a beta disc tester I've had to make do with the download of the audio from Burning Shed, and all that has done is make me look even more forward to the release of the deluxe set. This one's great cranked up in the car!

According to amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, the release date might be delayed another 1-2 weeks, but in the meantime, here's the back of the Blu-Ray:

Odd how it doesn't mention any of the extras with this release or the different audio choices etc, considering how packed the disc is! Really looking forward to this as I was at said gig and it was a good evening. I saw them last weekend in Bristol on the final night of the tour and they were on top form, especially Gavin, I heard from a fairly good source that he'll be doing another album with TPT, I really do hope that's the case...

Odd how it doesn't mention any of the extras with this release or the different audio choices etc, considering how packed the disc is! Really looking forward to this as I was at said gig and it was a good evening. I saw them last weekend in Bristol on the final night of the tour and they were on top form, especially Gavin, I heard from a fairly good source that he'll be doing another album with TPT, I really do hope that's the case...

Here from kscope : Bruce Soord says about the show and release “It was our last show of the tour and our biggest headline show ever. We had 15 cameras, a massive jib, but more importantly – a sell-out crowd! The pressure was indeed on, but it’s safe to say that the stars aligned for us that night and it turned out to be one of the most memorable performances of our career so far.

We’ve thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this special edition blu-ray. It has the full show; documentary footage and interviews; and 2 different 5.1 surround mixes (one natural, one discrete) – all in high resolution 24/96 stereo. It also has our last album ‘Your Wilderness’ in stereo and surround, plus the special ‘8 Years Later’ album in stereo with a brand-new surround mix too. All of that plus 5 acoustic tracks (also stereo and surround) and loads of bonus videos. This is without doubt the definitive ‘Your Wilderness’ release.”

Here from kscope : Bruce Soord says about the show and release “It was our last show of the tour and our biggest headline show ever. We had 15 cameras, a massive jib, but more importantly – a sell-out crowd! The pressure was indeed on, but it’s safe to say that the stars aligned for us that night and it turned out to be one of the most memorable performances of our career so far.

We’ve thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this special edition blu-ray. It has the full show; documentary footage and interviews; and 2 different 5.1 surround mixes (one natural, one discrete) – all in high resolution 24/96 stereo. It also has our last album ‘Your Wilderness’ in stereo and surround, plus the special ‘8 Years Later’ album in stereo with a brand-new surround mix too. All of that plus 5 acoustic tracks (also stereo and surround) and loads of bonus videos. This is without doubt the definitive ‘Your Wilderness’ release.”

Yep, I know what's on it, I'm just surprised that it isn't listed on the artwork, they should be shouting about such a great packed disc! I'm sure the details will be crammed onto a sticker on the front to remind me what's on it though! ;)

Yep, I know what's on it, I'm just surprised that it isn't listed on the artwork, they should be shouting about such a great packed disc! I'm sure the details will be crammed onto a sticker on the front to remind me what's on it though! ;)

You're right, that's exactly how it is. I just picked up the disc at a local electronics store and at first I got confused if it's really the full release with all the special features, until I read the small print on the sticker :D

Can't wait to listen to it later today!

Amazon Germany has the cd+dvd listed as in stock but the bluray is only available from third party sellers, Amazon uk still has both listed as available on 13-10-17 so looks like it is out earlier in Germany for some reason:(

I also didn't expect this release to show up before sometime later in October, but when I went to the store today... there it was!

The mix is available in two alternative versions for the concert version of the show without interviews, just as described earlier in this thread. One is called alternative mix and is more front heavy, imitating the audience's perspective, while the other one (called main mix) gives the listener more discrete elements, similar to Wilson's live mixes. Overall sound quality is top notch and I enjoyed watching this turning up the volume.

The picture quality is not nearly as good as the audio. Since the bluray is crammed up with content, the visual encode is bit starved to the very max and it shows on many occasions. I suspect the source material already wasn't the best, but a digital noise filter to get rid of high frequency content in the picture and therefore to make compression easier, as well as some aggressive edge enhancement applied afterwards, give the picture some DVD like appearance with lots of compression artifacts and motion blur galore.

The concert itself is really good and I enjoyed every minute of it. The band members give everything and make this a very engaging performance. Gavin Harrison is simply amazing, just as you would expect. Sometimes I thought the audience to be kind of reserved, but maybe that's just me. I just love it when the audience goes crazy sometimes... :)

So, all in all this is a very fine package, even though visuals are below nowadays expectations. A great show with a great 5.1 mix. Together with the vast amount of extras, this is IMO a must have release.

Back