The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy arrived yesterday on the left coast. Have company in the house now, so record room not available, can't wait to play it.

Mine arrived in the US from Burning Shed on 10/7. Pleased to say the book is not banged up, as so many of these box book sets show up with banged corners.

I am about halfway through the concert portion on the Blu Ray--sounds great, energetic performance! Very open, immediate surround sound on the immersive mix. Visuals are clear--nothing remarkable. I was expecting a somewhat more raw sound for the live performance.

Also enjoyed listening to the acoustic versions of the Wilderness songs and the 7" version of Fend for Yourself. All of these were released earlier this year. It seems like they are mixed in surround as well! Maybe someone can confirm--I am playing through the Smyth Realiser setup and I am not certain.

Hey anyone get there's shipped in Canada from Amazon.ca?
With the amount of things I am ordering I couldn't resist the 14.99 price even though knowing as per amazon.ca's track record even though you do a preorder all these import disk's get released to us about 2-4 weeks after everyone else gets their's from european sites or american sites.
Oh well, hopefully get this by end of month.

peter

Hey anyone get there's shipped in Canada from Amazon.ca?
With the amount of things I am ordering I couldn't resist the 14.99 price even though knowing as per amazon.ca's track record even though you do a preorder all these import disk's get released to us about 2-4 weeks after everyone else gets their's from european sites or american sites.
Oh well, hopefully get this by end of month.

peter
I got an order-update from Amazon.ca yesterday that they are still trying to obtain the disc.

I got an order-update from Amazon.ca yesterday that they are still trying to obtain the disc.

I don't know what exactly this means, but if it's already out in Europe, it should be in Canada before the end of the month. I saw a date release for the 13th in a European web site vendor.

If it is any consolation, it is not an isolated Amazon Canada incident

The message on Amazon.US indicates the bluray is currently unavailable. "We don't know when or if the title will be back in stock."

I am glad I didn't cancel my Burning Shed order when Amazon first listed it! The Shed sent me a shipped email last week and I hoped it would have hit over the weekend but it t did not. Will hope for tomorrow as today was a Federal Holiday with no mail. ?

Mine arrived a few days ago from Burning Shed but haven't had time to listen yet (except for the MP3s)

Received the stand alone bluray from Burningshed yesterday. Three words on this: simply amazing package! What a terrific way to take advantage of the whole bluray disc, amazing performance, a big plus for the studio albums in 5.1 since I missed out on the initial deluxe package. Easily the most impressive bluray in my collection.

I too ordered from Amazon US. Looking not too bad... here's the message on Amazon's order page:

This title will be released on October 20, 2017.

I'll give them a chance. If not shipped by then, I'll cancel and order from Burning Shed.

Steve

If it is any consolation, it is not an isolated Amazon Canada incident

The message on Amazon.US indicates the bluray is currently unavailable. "We don't know when or if the title will be back in stock."

I am glad I didn't cancel my Burning Shed order when Amazon first listed it! The Shed sent me a shipped email last week and I hoped it would have hit over the weekend but it t did not. Will hope for tomorrow as today was a Federal Holiday with no mail. ?

I too ordered from Amazon US. Looking not too bad... here's the message on Amazon's order page:

I'll give them a chance. If not shipped by then, I'll cancel and order from Burning Shed.

Steve

Steve, thanks, hopefully canadian amazon will be the same. Before this whole new online world of ordering and when you only had your local record store an import like this would take 4-6 weeks to receive so guess I should not complain if it's still happening today.
Guess I get frustrated that they give you the same release date when it's impossible for them to actually get the disk's for same date as European sellers and then they give you a bogus message that they are "temp out of stock", I doubt they ever had stock.

peter

Steve

Sorry if I caused some confusion. The message on AmazonUS for the "bluray stand alone" was and still indicates that the item is currently unavailable with no option to order.

The message that Steve is referring to is the status Amazon is showing for the CD/DVD version.

Then I am really confused.... here's the (I think) BluRay page indicating Oct 20 release, and I was able to add to my cart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073LYT523/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry if I caused some confusion. The message on AmazonUS for the "bluray stand alone" was and still indicates that the item is currently unavailable with no option to order.

The message that Steve is referring to is the status Amazon is showing for the CD/DVD version.

$14.99 too high ;-)

It clearly says BluRay, you think it's a mistake? Could be.....

I know it says bluray, but down lower it says DVD. I dunno. Amazon drives me crazy with their incorrect listings. Sorry, I may have overreacted. It might be correct.....

Back