The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I caused some confusion. The message on AmazonUS for the "bluray stand alone" was and still indicates that the item is currently unavailable with no option to order.

The message that Steve is referring to is the status Amazon is showing for the CD/DVD version.

Hey man - it might help if you show a link to what you purchased...as it seems Amazon is a bit confusing...

Certainly Amazon could have made a mistake, and if so they'll owe me something (but I'll probably get nothing...)

The link I referenced in the above post IS the exact link I purchased from.

When you go to that page, and add that item to your cart, here's what shows up in the cart:

Capture.JPG

Hey man - it might help if you show a link to what you purchased...as it seems Amazon is a bit confusing...

Interesting....
Your link address looked different than what I saw so
I entered your link and Amazon directed me to the same page I viewed before

https://www.amazon.com/PINEAPPLE-TH...5127&sr=8-2&keywords=blue+ray+pineapple+thief

Though I did just catch that the date says 1917 :confused:

thief.jpg

When I click on the "customers also viewed this" link or when I search for the title, I keep coming back to this page. I can't get to the page you posted. This is the same result whether I use my iphone or laptop. In either case, I can't seem to find get to the same page Steve has shown.

Hang with me gang. You all might think I'm absolutely nuts. But, I've never seen Bruce Soord and or Pineapple Thief performing live....but as I'm listening to this I totally cannot get over that I hear a big similarity to Smashing Pumpkins.

Another thing...I had no clue that Bruce had that sort of stage presence. News to me...he's a great performer. This is an eye opener. Wonderful....

Now I confused myself...a few weeks ago I hedged my bets and ordered from Burning Shed just in case Amazon screwed up. Well I forgot that I did this. What do I receive in the mail today, but a happy surprise package from Burning Shed. :confused::confused::confused:
:banana::banana::banana:

Canceling Amazon order as we speak :D

I'd chalk it up to a browser cache issue. I suspect your link is correct.

Interesting....

When I click on the "customers also viewed this" link or when I search for the title, I keep coming back to this page. I can't get to the page you posted. This is the same result whether I use my iphone or laptop. In either case, I can't seem to find get to the same page Steve has shown.

Now I confused myself...a few weeks ago I hedged my bets and ordered from Burning Shed just in case Amazon screwed up. Well I forgot that I did this. What do I receive in the mail today, but a happy surprise package from Burning Shed. :confused::confused::confused:
:banana::banana::banana:

Canceling Amazon order as we speak :D

Seriously?? That's sweet. Put that puppy on and turn it up.

My deluxe set arrived from Burning Shed today, and as it looks like I will have the house to myself most of this coming Sunday it ought to be a good time to watch it nicely cranked up.

My single disc BD arrived today from Burning Shed!

Just watching the concert now on my media player after spending a couple hours converting the concert to MKV and the 3 included surround albums to 96/24 FLAC.

One concert and Three albums on one disc!!! (Plus a doco style concert film with songs in full interspersed with interviews).

What a great release, so much content! I was pleasantly surprised by the 'Bonus Acoustic Album' in 5.1 96/24 too. I didn't realise this was included.

Finally got to hear Your Wilderness which I like (just skipping through a few songs). Will give it a serious listen over next few days.

BTW The video is pretty low bitrate and hence not as good as it could have been but it's still looks quite good in spots, where no panning or movement. Low bitrate seems to cause motion artefacts. However - Sound is great!

Highly Recommended!

I was submitting the single disc Blu Ray to Discogs last nite and ended up with 36 tracks of surround music along with a handful of additional documentaries and videos in stereo. Over three hours of content.

Great music, unbelievable content and an incredible value!

Just watching the concert now on my media player after spending a couple hours converting the concert to MKV and the 3 included surround albums to 96/24 FLAC.

One concert and Three albums on one disc!!! (Plus a doco style concert film with songs in full interspersed with interviews).

What a great release, so much content! I was pleasantly surprised by the 'Bonus Acoustic Album' in 5.1 96/24 too. I didn't realise this was included.

Finally got to hear Your Wilderness which I like (just skipping through a few songs). Will give it a serious listen over next few days.

BTW The video is pretty low bitrate and hence not as good as it could have been but it's still looks quite good in spots, where no panning or movement. Low bitrate seems to cause motion artefacts. However - Sound is great!

Highly Recommended!

You are right about the motion blur....especially when they focus on drum rolls. I never thought about it being an issue with the disc, rather I assumed it was my TV.

What a bargain this was.

So far listening to Your Wilderness since I missed out on the earlier release. Wow. Clear, active, dynamic, and cohesive mix that is very crankable. My neighbors probably hate me right now....This is freaking amazing. :D

You are right about the motion blur....especially when they focus on drum rolls. I never thought about it being an issue with the disc, rather I assumed it was my TV.

But, I'm more of an audio guy than video, so I don't care at all. That all said, I found myself fascinated with Bruce Soord as a front man. :)

For those tracking such things.
The bluray edition ordered from Burning Shed landed at my door in NYC on Oct. 11
Shipping notice was sent on October 2 .

I can now cancel whatever Amazon.US still thinks I want and is not sure they can fulfill. :mad:@:

Highly Recommended!

What are you using to rip/convert the DTS-HD MA tracks to LPCM? I've only recently began to rip surround tracks from my blu-rays (in the past I've just ripped any hi-res stereo) and have been able to rip using makemkv any LPCM streams but when I try DTS-HD MA tracks, when I demux the audio I'm only getting the lossy DTS core tracks instead.

I watched this the other night and really enjoyed it. Cannot fault the editing, camera work, audio or the content at all. The video quality I found to be adequate but could have been better with more careful encoding (I can't remember what the streams looked like when I ripped the disc but I have a feeling that there were/are 2 video streams - 1 with the interview segments included and 1 without). If so, it would have made sense to seamless branch those.

One thing I would have liked is some kind of intro or outro credits - I'm a sucker for those but it doesn't detract from a fantastic release of course.

Haven't listened to the alt mix yet but the main 'discete' mix is superb!

What are you using to rip/convert the DTS-HD MA tracks to LPCM? I've only recently began to rip surround tracks from my blu-rays (in the past I've just ripped any hi-res stereo) and have been able to rip using makemkv any LPCM streams but when I try DTS-HD MA tracks, when I demux the audio I'm only getting the lossy DTS core tracks instead.

I watched this the other night and really enjoyed it. Cannot fault the editing, camera work, audio or the content at all. The video quality I found to be adequate but could have been better with more careful encoding (I can't remember what the streams looked like when I ripped the disc but I have a feeling that there were/are 2 video streams - 1 with the interview segments included and 1 without). If so, it would have made sense to seamless branch those.

One thing I would have liked is some kind of intro or outro credits - I'm a sucker for those but it doesn't detract from a fantastic release of course.

Haven't listened to the alt mix yet but the main 'discete' mix is superb!
DVD Audio Extractor can convert DTS HD streams to flac. Perhaps you can find some answers in this topic, https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?19762-Ripping-Blu-Ray Best to ask any questions in there too.

I'm enjoying the concert film, at the moment. I listened to the albums last night.

The albums are very mellow, while the concert has way more energy. I like that there is that much choice. There is something for both moods on one disc.

Back