Listening to in the car

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I thought..what?
No thread for listening in the car?? I do a LOT of listening (at least one hour M-F)

if you have Surround..do please mention it!

OK, I did a nice playlist of the Thin Lizzy- Live at the BBC box set - all discs-
Man...what a group!!!
It's quite curious cause the first song, "Look What The Wind Just Blew In" sounds basically like a PROG song...back when Phil used to play with his fingers, he later switched to the pick , which improved his sound overall, methinks..)
R-3860054-1487692643-2140.png.jpg

R-3860054-1487692649-5515.png.jpg

R-3860054-1487692657-3594.jpeg.jpg

then 180º..
Fiona Apple
Extraordinary Machine
View attachment 29946

HOLEY MOLEY, BATMAN!!!
WHAT A BEAST OF A RECORD!!!
I hadn't had the opportunity to actually listen to it (especially with my Sub which goes WAY DOWN..it think it may go lower than 20 Hz...wouldn't be surprised!!)...and I enjoyed it so much that I'm considering getting the LP!!!

BTW. love the "Björk" font in the cover....

s7HUHn4.jpg

+

H6U7Ufu.jpg

=

:banana::banana::banana:

When the car is in my garage, the bass gets a big boost, must be the walls that amplifies the bass. It's really nice and I usually sit there for a while, after driving, enjoying som bass-heavy music - LOUD :smokin

It's of course the 1986 edition of Who Made Who, with a nice DR of 12 - not the remastered crap that came out later.

s7HUHn4.jpg

+

H6U7Ufu.jpg

=

:banana::banana::banana:

When the car is in my garage, the bass gets a big boost, must be the walls that amplifies the bass. It's really nice and I usually sit there for a while, after driving, enjoying som bass-heavy music - LOUD :smokin

It's of course the 1986 edition of Who Made Who, with a nice DR of 12 - not the remastered crap that came out later.

AWESOME Infinitys!!!!!

ROOOOCK IT!!!

AWESOME Infinitys!!!!!

ROOOOCK IT!!!

Infinitys? You bet:

8dGBLSf.jpg

qT2yILC.jpg

UHJ9vzB.jpg

abnHFjA.jpg

Infinity Kappa 6,5" front Component set - fed by Infinity Kappa Four, 2x12" Infinity Kappa Subs - fed by Infinity Kappa One!!!

INFINITYS :cool:

Edit: BTW, I had an apartment with my sisters outside Alicante for many years, sold it not long ago - used it too little. But I love Spain, spent a lot of time there on vacation. Lovely and friendly people, great food and drinks - I love their wines and Brandys. Forunately Carlos I is found in stores here in the cold north too :)

Infinitys? You bet:

8dGBLSf.jpg

qT2yILC.jpg

UHJ9vzB.jpg

abnHFjA.jpg

Infinity Kappa 6,5" front Component set - fed by Infinity Kappa Four, 2x12" Infinity Kappa Subs - fed by Infinity Kappa One!!!

INFINITYS :cool:

Edit: BTW, I had an apartment with my sisters outside Alicante for many years, sold it not long ago - used it too little. But I love Spain, spent a lot of time there on vacation. Lovely and friendly people, great food and drinks - I love their wines and Brandys. Forunately Carlos I is found in stores here in the cold north too :)

Oh, SWEEEET!!!!
I think I'm gonna get me a few of those myself...
AAMOF,I jusrt remembered my ONLY "Infinity" story...back in the late 80s Mom (RIP) got a Mitsubishi Montero 5 door 4x4 (the first model), and the speakers SUCKED!!! Do I propmptly ordered from the J&R catalog a pair of Infinitys (5 or 6 inches) that had Titanium tweeters-which was a big thing back then); so I installed them myself and was BLOWN AWAY by the quality..I heard stuff I had NEVER heard before!!!

BTW, I'm from the lovely island called Puerto Rico and moved to Madrid in 91, so I've spent most of my adult working life here...now I'm more Spanish than a lot of Spaniards.....ahh ...Spain ... it has changed for the worse in these later years but it's still a fun and relatively safe place...the Euro f*cked it up!!!!

The main reason for going with Infinitys in the car - was that it was the first component set, I found, that had Tweeters that would fit directly in the tweeter fittings already in the car. I wanted the equipment to be hidden as much as possible.

Then I discovered that they had amplifiers and subs that had a good reputation too - so why not. Infinitys all the way :phones

The Pesetas did rule!!

I thought it was a lot of fun dismantle the car and install equipment and sound dampening and put it together again :banana:

NkGyA2I.jpg

Can't seem to get enough of Fiona Apple's "Extraordinary Machine"

it IS indeed an EXTRAORDINARY Album!!!!!

And why wouldn't it be?
It was several years in the making; IIRC she basically redid THE WHOLE thing...and with the great Abe Laboriel, Jr. on the drums!!!! OOOO-EEEEE...

Lots of details and some mighty powerful DEEEEP bass (Moog!) to make my Subwoofer work!!!!

She's up there with Kate Bush and Tori Amos!!!

Can't seem to get enough of Fiona Apple's "Extraordinary Machine"

it IS indeed an EXTRAORDINARY Album!!!!!

And why wouldn't it be?
It was several years in the making; IIRC she basically redid THE WHOLE thing...and with the great Abe Laboriel, Jr. on the drums!!!! OOOO-EEEEE...

Lots of details and some mighty powerful DEEEEP bass (Moog!) to make my Subwoofer work!!!!

She's up there with Kate Bush and Tori Amos!!!

You're playing the Dualdisc? Or a rip?

Listening to Dream Theater (self titled CD) this week (getting familiar with the album before checking out the DVD-A)... this is phenomenal music!! The way the drums were recorded sounds so kick-a**! The drumming reminds me of Neil Peart, and the album sounds like Rush on steroids... can't wait to check out the surround version!

Listening to some Brian Wilson CDs this week that I never really gave a chance the first time around: “Smile” and “Lucky Old Sun”. Great stuff! Each album is made up of several “mini-suites” with gorgeous vocal harmonies everywhere. Either of these would sound fantastic in surround... might be time for me to re-teach myself how to use SpecWeb!

Threre are 3 CD versions of Lucky Old Sun:
1- plain vanilla
2- w/making of DVD
3- single CD w/3 bonus tracks (best Buy exclusive)
I just went out to my car to check... I’ve got vanilla. Still, some great songs... the first 7 tracks flow perfectly (I think of them as the “Lucky Old Sun Suite”); “Midnight’s Another Day” and “Southern California” are my other favorites. Brian captures the Southern California vibe/experience perfectly!

Each album is made up of several “mini-suites” with gorgeous vocal harmonies everywhere. Either of these would sound fantastic in surround...
There's also a DVD version of the album performed live in studio, mixed in 5.1 Dolby Digital - I remember liking it a lot... I need to re-check it ASAP and see if I can re-cut those narratives for repeated listening, maybe... oh yeah, summer came too early this yearo_O

Andy Partridge - Fuzzy Warbles - all 9 disks converted to MP3(!) and put on one cd (only reason converted to MP3). No surround in car unfortunately, just 4 speaker stereo.

Back