King Crimson - Sailor's Tales ('70-'72 box set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing you gotta give the Fripp team...the REALLY give you A LOT for your money!!!!!

Now , THIS, I won't be able to listen to like I did with the Yes box set "Progeny", which was only seven shows....

I STILL haven't delved into a LOT of KC CDs from the previous Box sets...got 'em all , except for the ITCOTCK...

Now that the full track listing for "Sailors' Tales" has been revealed, I wanted to highlight a few extra tracks to look out for on the Blu-Rays:

-On the "Islands" Blu-Ray, there is a new vocal by Jakko Jakszyk laid on top of the original "Islands" (song) backing track, and it is just exquisite!
-Following in the same mold on the "In the Wake of Poseidon" Blu-Ray, Jakko recorded a vocal for "Cadence & Cascade", which also sounds lovely. (You can also hear Adrian Belew's vocal take on the song too.)
-Finally on the "Lizard" Blu-Ray, there are two new live recordings from the 2017 King Crimson North American tour which sound fantastic! The latest incarnation of King Crimson plays material from this 1970-1972 era very well!

:)

-Finally on the "Lizard" Blu-Ray, there are two new live recordings from the 2017 King Crimson North American tour which sound fantastic! The latest incarnation of King Crimson plays material from this 1970-1972 era very well!

Let me guess, one of which is the Chicago June 28th that just arrived in my mail two days ago :rolleyes: Any chance it is surround?

Also, forgive a personal question, but you seem to have already heard the over-dubbed "Islands" with Jako? How? (others here probably know and are laughing at me now, but a noob is a noob!)

Let me guess, one of which is the Chicago June 28th that just arrived in my mail two days ago :rolleyes: Any chance it is surround?

One live track is from the June 11th performance in Seattle. The other is from the July 7th performance in Quebec City, and neither one of them are in surround.

Also, forgive a personal question, but you seem to have already heard the over-dubbed "Islands" with Jako? How? (others here probably know and are laughing at me now, but a noob is a noob!)

Myself and a few other QQ members were asked if we could test the Blu-Rays out on our home players to make sure they played properly before being pressed up.

One live track is from the June 11th performance in Seattle. The other is from the July 7th performance in Quebec City, and neither one of them are in surround.

Myself and a few other QQ members were asked if we could test the Blu-Rays out on our home players to make sure they played properly before being pressed up.

the truth is that rt belongs to a secret society that has a Master somewhere in the Continent!!! ;)
But don't tell anyone!!!

:smokin

It's beautiful!

22770681_10156748355037519_3822006109730590630_o.jpg

22829617_10156748356202519_5255771492902321195_o.jpg

Disappointed that the release date has been put back from 3rd to 10th November. Earthbound was delayed a week because of a manufacturing issue but they seem to have bumped the box as well, for no good reason as Burning Shed already have them in ready to ship!

Disappointed that the release date has been put back from 3rd to 10th November. Earthbound was delayed a week because of a manufacturing issue but they seem to have bumped the box as well, for no good reason as Burning Shed already have them in ready to ship!

It will be worth waiting the extra week.
These Blu-Rays have so much content on them, it's ridiculous!
For example, does anyone really need 6 alternate takes of "Groon"? Probably not, but you got it, lol
(There's also several alternate takes of "Devil's Triangle" as well for those of you who like that kind of thing...)

Plus, besides the extended "Earthbound" and the complete 1972 Summit Studios performance (the latter having been remixed in surround sound) there's an additional 23 live concerts from the "Islands" tour!

I wonder who's going to be the first person to listen to all of the audio content on these Blu-Rays.

A loverly unboxing video from Sid Smith:
[video=youtube;8ni4AbYZnRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ni4AbYZnRY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A loverly unboxing video from Sid Smith:
[video=youtube;8ni4AbYZnRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ni4AbYZnRY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm a guy that just wants the music...not interested in "trinkets"....I would be happy with a disc in a plain paper bag.....but I can appreciate the massive amount of work involved with all the printing and assembly of all these items in this box set...then consider 27 discs covering 3 formats...if you like this content...this is pretty amazing...and when comparing it to other "mega" box sets...pretty reasonable when you consider everything that is included..especially the surround music(y)

For those in the US considering a purchase...if you don't live in ILLINOIS...CALIFORNIA...KENTUCKY...or FLORIDA...you can use the promo code GIVING(until noon CST today)and get a discount and your order would come to approximately $175(those states I mentioned will be charged tax)....which is close to Burning Shed...Bullmoose is around $188....both these US options are better than amazon US...

DEEP DISCOUNT HERE

BULLMOOSE HERE

Back