Porcupine Tree "Arriving Somewhere..." Blu-Ray edition coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they'll throw better-mastered versions of the old ES mixes in too- I still haven't seen a copy of In Absentia sell for under $60

If I'm not mistaken.. we shall probably see both of those with a brand spanking new SW mix.. and if he knows what's good for him he'll leave the ES mix in just for kicks...

Will be very hard to beat that price, great deal. Ordered of course.

I bought this before I even had a 5.1 system and played it regularly in stereo for months, that's how much I like this disc. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the "artsy" video treatment. By that I 'm referring to the changing between color and b&w and the graininess of the picture. I wonder if that will still be on the Blu-ray? Either way, I'm in on this one. And Cymbal Song is a very cool way to demo your system to the non-believers!

So, it turns out this is not a new remaster...:( The news from SDE: "Steven Wilson has been in touch with SDE directly to confirm that despite label notes to the contrary, this isn’t a new remaster, it’s the same mastering as 2006."
Full article here.

So, it turns out this is not a new remaster...:( The news from SDE: "Steven Wilson has been in touch with SDE directly to confirm that despite label notes to the contrary, this isn’t a new remaster, it’s the same mastering as 2006."
Full article here.

Pete Morgan from Burning Shed also commented below to say that all orders from Burning Shed come with an exclusive "Arriving Somewhere..." postcard.
Burning Shed link: https://burningshed.com/store/kscope/porcupine-tree_arriving-somewhere_cd_blu-ray

:)

A pity the original mastering was used, http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=porcupine+tree&album=arriving At least we get lossless surround :)

Hey Robert, I thought those DVD 5.1 DR numbers didn't look right so I added my DR readings for the 5.1 DTS track which look better.

The DVD never sounded too loud to me. The huge bass makes this great demo. I was wondering if a remaster would change that, so happy with SW's decision.

I often demo 'The Hatesong' for its grinding bass line. I was going to post a YouTube version but I can't even hear the bass on my iPAD speaker, it just can't go that low! I didn't want others to play it and go 'what's all the fuss, what bass?'. This deserves to be heard on a full 5.1 system and high volume!!

Hey Robert, I thought those DVD 5.1 DR numbers didn't look right so I added my DR readings for the 5.1 DTS track which look better.

The DVD never sounded too loud to me. The huge bass makes this great demo. I was wondering if a remaster would change that, so happy with SW's decision.

I often demo 'The Hatesong' for its grinding bass line. I was going to post a YouTube version but I can't even hear the bass on my iPAD speaker, it just can't go that low! I didn't want others to play it and go 'what's all the fuss, what bass?'. This deserves to be heard on a full 5.1 system and high volume!!
thanks buddy that looks a lot better, it has been a while since I played the songs. But I saw the name of Darcy Proper and I associate her with loud mastering. Not so much the case actually :)

Now that Kscope have the rights to Deadwing and In Absentia it won't be long until we see remasters and probably SW remixes of those on BDA (with all the usual goodies)
Maybe they'll throw better-mastered versions of the old ES mixes in too- I still haven't seen a copy of In Absentia sell for under $60
If I'm not mistaken.. we shall probably see both of those with a brand spanking new SW mix.. and if he knows what's good for him he'll leave the ES mix in just for kicks...
Given his busy schedule (touring To The Bone), I kind of doubt we'll be getting new SW 5.1 mixes. What we will undoubtedly get are properly mastered versions of the stereo mixes and the ES 5.1 mixes without glitches (the maligned phase issues). But one can always dream... We had better get all the B sides, too!

Given his busy schedule (touring To The Bone), I kind of doubt we'll be getting new SW 5.1 mixes. What we will undoubtedly get are properly mastered versions of the stereo mixes and the ES 5.1 mixes without glitches (the maligned phase issues). But one can always dream... We had better get all the B sides, too!
Burning Shed tweeted not so long ago that the new editions would include a lot, of not all.

From Stevens facebook

”A new edition of Porcupine Tree's first concert film "Arriving Somewhere" will be released by Kscope as a 3 disc Blu-Ray / 2 CD combo on 23rd March. Filmed across 2 nights in Chicago and originally issued as a double DVD set in 2006, Arriving Somewhere wasn't shot in high-definition so the transfer to blu-ray here is more for convenience, containing as it does all the contents from both DVDs. Contrary to record company promotion which claims I have remastered it, the audio uses the original Darcy Proper master for both the stereo and 5.1 (which sounds great, Darcy did a great job in 2006). The main changes are that for the first time the concert audio has been included on 2 CDs, and the cover image has been revised. The release coincides with the forthcoming vinyl reissues of 2 of the Porcupine Tree's signature albums In Absentia (2002) and Deadwing (2005), from which a lot of the repertoire in the concert film is taken.”

Back