Lull's end?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look at the FB page. I don't understand a couple of the responses after the original post. Also, who makes the posts on behalf of QQ?

As posted on Gentle Giant's Facebook page this evening;

"Quite a few things going on..look out for 'special announcement' in a couple of weeks."

I don't go on Facebook but once in a Blue Moon. I mean, like, almost never anymore. I hear it's where all the seniors go. And I'm not talking about high school students. I don't want any part of that. Reminds too much that I'm getting closer to assisted living...LOL :yikes

AF's next two titles are stereo only, so I doubt anything else from them is being announced as of yet.

But still holding out hope for vintage quad mixes from Sony Japan or WB/RHINO.

While not trying to hi-jack this thread - and there really is nothing new we didn't know, I found it interesting at least that on Acoustic Sounds, they just put this LP deluxe set up for sale and here they say....

XTC ā€” English Settlement (200-gram 2LP + CD + Booklet)

A new cut from the original stereo master!

Album CD included, mastered from the same original source

16-page book of sleeve notes, artwork and photos by the band, plus lyric booklet

With its distinctive cover depiction of the Uffington White Horse and its more prominent use of acoustic guitar, XTC's 1982 studio release was immediately hailed as a significant departure for the band and a future masterpiece.

While looking for the (still 'lost in the archives') multi-track tapes to enable Steven Wilson to undertake new stereo and 5.1 surround mixes of the album, the original half-inch master tapes were discovered and used as the source from which engineer John Dent has prepared this 2016 deluxe vinyl edition.

An album which set standards on its release sounds, if anything, even better now.

Includes
* 2 x 33 1/3 RPM, 200-gram heavyweight vinyl
* 12" 16 page booklet with song notes by band members
* Lyric sheet
* 2016 cut from original half-inch master sources
* CD mastered from the same original master sources
* All contents packaged in a sturdy slipcase

I personally can't participate in these classic quads released from japan for like $60. Hope those of you with sufficient funds are having fun! :mad:@:

While I do agree they are pretty outrageously priced, I have seen them for as low as $45 when Acoustic Sounds and/or MoFi has their [rare] 20% off sales.

I bit the bullet with SONY Japan's $70 [+ s/h] Lotus 3 SACD 4.0 set but IMO, it WAS worth it even though it wasn't discrete [and that's after spending $30+ on the domestic AF Stereo SACD].

Conversely, I've been buying the AF Stereo/QUAD/5.1 SACDs for a little over $21 each so in the end it balances itself out.

And quite recently, I scored 6 DJABE DVD~A/V 5.1 for approximately $10 each, delivered.

While not trying to hi-jack this thread - and there really is nothing new we didn't know, I found it interesting at least that on Acoustic Sounds, they just put this LP deluxe set up for sale and here they say....

XTC ā€” English Settlement (200-gram 2LP + CD + Booklet)

A new cut from the original stereo master!

Album CD included, mastered from the same original source

16-page book of sleeve notes, artwork and photos by the band, plus lyric booklet

With its distinctive cover depiction of the Uffington White Horse and its more prominent use of acoustic guitar, XTC's 1982 studio release was immediately hailed as a significant departure for the band and a future masterpiece.

While looking for the (still 'lost in the archives') multi-track tapes to enable Steven Wilson to undertake new stereo and 5.1 surround mixes of the album, the original half-inch master tapes were discovered and used as the source from which engineer John Dent has prepared this 2016 deluxe vinyl edition.

An album which set standards on its release sounds, if anything, even better now.

Includes
* 2 x 33 1/3 RPM, 200-gram heavyweight vinyl
* 12" 16 page booklet with song notes by band members
* Lyric sheet
* 2016 cut from original half-inch master sources
* CD mastered from the same original master sources
* All contents packaged in a sturdy slipcase
IMG_2625.jpg

It's a very nice set!

That's the same blurb on Burning Shed's website, and a more lengthy variation is utilized on the inside of the 'Original Master Edition' CD:
R-9772326-1486298324-7562.jpeg.jpg

And when it comes to the "English Settlement" multitracks, they had better keep on searching cause AFAIK, whatever's missing still hasn't been found yet... :(

English Settlement (2016 Master) has to be the best compact disc that I own for sound quality in the Pop / Rock category and because it sounds so good, I'll be just a little less disappointed if I never see a surround version. If they do happen to come across the master tapes in the next several years, I sure hope it's done in the object-based audio realm. :cool:

Perhaps concurrently, all the majors are going to release their musty QUAD and 5.1 'languishing in the vault' master tapes and release them to their adoring public ALL AT ONCE in your choice of SACD, BD~A or DVD~A and of course as DSD and FLAC downloads.:yikes

WHAT LULL?

Back