Forced Exposure Website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Just found a website with 96 titles that refer to multichannel (although a few are actually not surround). It is called Forced Exposure. Here is the link to the search I did:

http://www.forcedexposure.com/SearchResult.html?SearchType=Basic&Type=any field&Key=Multichannel

I have only found one other reference to this website in all of QQ:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...y-the-letting-go&p=55621&viewfull=1#post55621

Tonight I checked out an Evelyn Glennie recording on YouTube that is available on SACD mch from the site. Would be curious to know if any of you have ever heard of the Ecstatic Drumbeat SACD by her. I am guessing the mix is hall ambience.

But check the description for this one:

HUMMEL, THOMAS

Aus Trachila

CD/SACD

NEOS 10804CD

$15.50 IN STOCK

"Featured work: Aus Trachila: Searching for the missing Ovid - A hyper-realistic recording for speaker and ensemble. Performed by Christoph Ogiermann (voice artist) and Holst-Sinfonietta. "The production of Aus Trachila is an experiment in recording technique. It is probably the first time that this has been accomplished to such an extent. The work is an attempt to achieve a hyper-realistic recording of a music piece. With this procedure, each instrument of the orchestra is recorded separately with the conductor, musically adapted and specialized. Specially developed software assists the recording process and the manual placement of all fragments. This innovative software makes this enormously complex challenge feasible, and allows the interpretation to achieve a high level of precision and transparency. With the surround-sound version of the recording, the listener finds himself virtually amidst the orchestra. This production is dedicated to the violoncellist Claudius von Wrochem, who accompanied the project with encouragement and support.""

The description sounds cool, so again I was off to YouTube. I found the performances to be, well, obtuse. I would be intrigued to spin it once, but even if the mix were phenomenal I would be unlikely to play it twice. But that does not mean YOU would not, so check it out!

As for the others, there is no rock or pop that I can see - mostly oddball type stuff, but I thought I would draw your attention to it as a source of more material. If anyone has experience with any of these titles please post here with reviews.

They're all labels that specialize in newer music - I think they're all based out of central europe and marketing hasn't been their strong suit.

There are 11,750 SACDs in the HRAudio database...of that I'd guesstimate maybe 8,000 are classical, and plenty of them are of modern music that isn't widely listened to. Many of these new music recordings also receive substantial governmental support, which doesn't exactly incentive them to market these discs more.

Of which there's a surprising amount. I continue to think that the decision to exclude them was a mistake.

It looks like the SACDs that are listed are ones available from HR Audio's partner sellers.
So there is a rationale as to which SACDs are shown - and which are not.

I've placed several orders with Forced Exposure over the past ten years and been happy with their service and prices.

No experience of these titles, but they're the US dealer for Buddha Machines I've collected, as well as NEOS.
They seem to be a source for a lot of music that's out of the mainstream.

I think I'll reawaken this thread.

I just tripped across info, via Forced Exposure, that an Italian label by the name of Pleasure for Music is re-releasing Enoch Light's Permissive Polyphonics on LP on November 23, 2020. Who knows if it will be coming from a stereo or quadraphonic master. I would be interested if they were releasing it in a surround sound optical disc format.

Enoch Light Permissive Polyphonics

Back