• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Face to Face Swap meet, is it possible?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadBobx3

QuadBobx3 here, new to the site, and excited about the Quad stuff.
Has there ever been an effort to put together a live swap meet?
I know it is a world wide group, but set one up in different locations where there may be a large group.
My thought is to do one in the DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) area. If there is enough interest, set it up in a Hotel with a conference center and get room for setting up what you brought, share music as appropriate and blow the doors off the meeting room!
Bob

This kind of thing would be super-fun. Especially if there were a listening station set up. And alcohol. :mad:@:

I'm from the SF Bay Area and I think there are enough of us surround nuts around here. We've discussed a get-together a time or two, but have never gone through with it.

I admire the drive! Good for you!!
Unfortunately-not practical. Every year I drool over the electronic shows and want to go. But I own a house, it sucks up all my money, my life, my energy-the American Dream. It come to a point where who owns who-you become a slave to the house!
I bet we all would love a nice weekend like that. But reality bursts the bubble of fun. In any event the site is exciting enough sometimes.
If you look there are some pics of some members we posted once-and pics of our stuff-( audio!) :rolleyes:
and collections, to drool over. I am the best looking one in the thread, with my dog. BTW:smokin

I admire the drive! Good for you!!
Unfortunately-not practical. Every year I drool over the electronic shows and want to go. But I own a house, it sucks up all my money, my life, my energy-the American Dream. It come to a point where who owns who-you become a slave to the house!
I bet we all would love a nice weekend like that. But reality bursts the bubble of fun. In any event the site is exciting enough sometimes.
If you look there are some pics of some members we posted once-and pics of our stuff-( audio!) :rolleyes:
and collections, to drool over. I am the best looking one in the thread, with my dog. BTW:smokin

You just described my situation! It would be easier to have a regional meet at folks' houses in driving distance. But even that, see above.

QuadBobx3 here, new to the site, and excited about the Quad stuff.
Has there ever been an effort to put together a live swap meet?
I know it is a world wide group, but set one up in different locations where there may be a large group.
My thought is to do one in the DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) area. If there is enough interest, set it up in a Hotel with a conference center and get room for setting up what you brought, share music as appropriate and blow the doors off the meeting room!
Bob

I am in DFW area but not into renting hotels & blowing it's doors... ;)

While it wasn't going to be a Swap Meet, I think the closest we ever came was going to be Cai Campbell's Barbecue. That was going to be in the Seattle area but IIRC, folks were planning to come in from all over. Sadly, (for more reason than one), this never happened. :(

It would be nice to have a 'house' meeting if enough people were interested.
How many would be able to commute to Frisco, TX for a day event?

Back