Mansun's 'Six' - 5.1 remix coming in 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update on this rumor - looking quite positive.

From a post over the other place, news from Mansun website:

Former Mansun frontman Paul Draper’s new label Kscope has just announced that they’ve recently acquired the full Mansun catalogue. They’re busy working on exciting plans for re-issues over the next few years including unreleased music, remasters and 5.1 mixes.

Sounds like PDub will be doing all the 5.1 mixes based on the Kscope Mansun page, even tho it doesn't specifically say that. Paul and PDub have been going through all the Mansun tapes, the first three albums were recorded all analogue.

Would be thrilled to have the opportunity to buy Attack of the Grey Lantern both on vinyl for an all analogue (presuming it's mastered AND CUT FROM the original analogue tape) and on Blu-ray for 5.1 - clearly more excited about the 5.1 even if it is PDub and not SW. Paul says PDub did all the Bjork 5.1 mixes, weren't those pretty well received?

... Paul says PDub did all the Bjork 5.1 mixes, weren't those pretty well received?

Great mixes in terms of discreteness, separation, space and effects (not dizzy ping-pong) but in terms of Bjork’s voice I’m not convinced as, in most of the songs, it is spread in all the channels instead of use the two front channels which is more natural to me.

Last edited:
Just had an alert by mail Mansuns Attack of the grey Lantern is comming soon in 5.1 and available to order now on pledge music.

I would post links but in at work and on my phone. I assume it will be in the shed eventuality

Just had an alert by mail Mansuns Attack of the grey Lantern is comming soon in 5.1 and available to order now on pledge music.

I would post links but in at work and on my phone. I assume it will be in the shed eventuality
Here is the message I received...lmao. Damn Americans...can't buy this stuff. lol

Sadly due to licensing restrictions this release is not available in your country.

Just read an email from Burning Shed, mine has been posted. So I'm out the country at company HQ, my 3rd trip this year, and the 3rd time surround releases have been sent whilst I'm away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Its :SB

Wait... I assume you're referring to Attack, right (which mine shipped a few days ago)? Or was Six up for pre-order as well?

I've been listening to this band quite a bit on Spotify over the past few weeks, and I've been really enjoying them. Pretty bummed I missed out on the Paul Draper 5.1 release.

Wait... I assume you're referring to Attack, right (which mine shipped a few days ago)? Or was Six up for pre-order as well?

I've been listening to this band quite a bit on Spotify over the past few weeks, and I've been really enjoying them. Pretty bummed I missed out on the Paul Draper 5.1 release.
Yes you're correct it is Attack, a very long meeting yesterday (as out of the country at company HQ) so after I had a beer (or ?!, I miss the Beer emoticon) in the hotel, so searched for Mansun then typed away!
Edit: Our friends at Burning Shed must have shipped yours as soon as they got it in!

Mods, can we move this thread out of the rumour mill, as now we even have the preorder link?
Thanks!
https://burningshed.com/product/search&filter_tag=mansun&filter_category_id=66&limit=100

Done, although personally, if this title is anything like "Attack of the Grey Lantern", then I would definitely steer clear of this title and save your money for something more worthwhile. I for one will not be buying this title until someone says otherwise that this is actually a good release. We shall see...

Done, although personally, if this title is anything like "Attack of the Grey Lantern", then I would definitely steer clear of this title and save your money for something more worthwhile. I for one will not be buying this title until someone says otherwise that this is actually a good release. We shall see...

You and me both...what is the point of double stereo...grr.

I will definitely follow your approach. Won't buy until I listen to a sample.

Burning Shed don't have the "contractual reasons" disclaimer against North American sales like they did with Attack. That said, the posted price (both with and without logging in) is about twice that of ImportCDs, and that's before shipping.

Last edited:
Back