Gentle Giant "Three Piece Suite" — Steven Wilson Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entire Peel The Paint remix (with the specially created video!) was posted on Facebook:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/gentlegiantband/videos/10155153859353791/[/video]

Yes, thats true.
But the Penteo upmixed on the Octupus Blu Ray by Gentle Giant aren't that bad. :)
I wish they would do the same with English Settlement.
Do 5.1 mixes if the multitapes are available, the rest with Penteo. :)

I agree, the Penteo's for Hawkwind, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant are very good. And Steve Hackett. (DID I MISS ANY ?)

It's too late now, but it should be considered for future , most especially for those great prog rock albums we'd all like to hear---completely.

Unfortunately this will have to be Engineering Surround as the norm when tapes are lost or damaged .

I agree, the Penteo's for Hawkwind, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant are very good. And Steve Hackett. (DID I MISS ANY ?)

It's too late now, but it should be considered for future , most especially for those great prog rock albums we'd all like to hear---completely.

Unfortunately this will have to be Engineering Surround as the norm when tapes are lost or damaged .

I, for one, welcome this remixed reissue.

How many times where the complete multitracks DO exist does a remixer only take advantage of a discrete remix on some tracks but not on others. I'm sure we could ALL conjure up a plethora of titles which are guilty, as charged.

To have these albums in hi res and multichannel [whether discrete or upmixed] is still a lot cheaper than buying them as downloads individually and probably in stereo only.

And the inclusion of video content only makes the pot sweeter!

*Apparently* the complete multitracks for the first album were in possession of Gentle Giant fan Dan Bornemark all this time, for some reason... who has just been contacted by the Shulmans.
He *supposedly* send them files. Which, if true, raises the questions what tapes were used for the remix and what tapes does Bornemark have?

*Apparently* the complete multitracks for the first album were in possession of Gentle Giant fan Dan Bornemark all this time, for some reason... who has just been contacted by the Shulmans.
He *supposedly* send them files. Which, if true, raises the questions what tapes were used for the remix and what tapes does Bornemark have?
And Bornemark is well-known to the band. They didn't contact him in search of tapes when starting this endeavor? Hmmm...

Bullmoose carried the other 2 Gentle Giant releases, so I would expect them to offer this one as well - though I don't see it listed yet.
I saw the other 2 listed for $13.97 (each) in case someone wants to order those for a good price. :)

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon UK for $23.68 shipped. I think it would have been more expensive through Burning Shed, once you add shipping.

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon UK for $23.68 shipped. I think it would have been more expensive through Burning Shed, once you add shipping.

When I checked Burning Shed, it came to $21.92 with non-tracked, non-insured shipping. But they do charge your card immediately when ordering, unlike Amazon.

The exchange rate, needless to say, differs from day to day, but I ordered this from Burning Shed for about a dollar less, including shipping. :banana:

That said, I didn't go for tracking. Eternal optimist, yes, but I'm in no hurry to get the item quickly at a greater cost!

Last edited:
When I checked Burning Shed, it came to $21.92 with non-tracked, non-insured shipping. But they do charge your card immediately when ordering, unlike Amazon.

Cool - I could have been off by a couple dollars. I will get tracking with Amazon, which I like. :)

I just like to be surprised when something shows up in my mailbox, a nice upside after a long days work. I rarely use tracking even when available, all though nice to have in case of a problem.

That said, ordered from Burning Shed...

Now we can hear the new stereo mix of "The House, The Street, The Room", originally from "Acquiring the Taste" :)

[video=youtube;M052a5otl6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M052a5otl6k[/video]

DJOqeh5UQAA1b8N.jpg

:)

You can now listen to the full remix of "Giant", which was originally the opening track on Gentle Giant's debut album.
[video=youtube;77xpLBoygP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xpLBoygP8[/video]

You can now listen to the full remix of "Giant", which was originally the opening track on Gentle Giant's debut album.
[video=youtube;77xpLBoygP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xpLBoygP8[/video]

Never actually heard Gentle Giant before I purchased the two 5.1 blurays already released. I really like these two and I like both the music and the sound on this clip - looking forward to Burningshed delivering my preorder in the beginning of October.

Back