Secret to No Secrets DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrd

Since 2002/2003
Curious if anyone else has made this discovery. Swapping the left and right fronts with rears yields a much closer complement to the original quad mix. Always preferred quadradisc for the richer warmth and greater ambiance of the rears. But now with this flip, this mix sounds equally awesome!

Curious if anyone else has made this discovery. Swapping the left and right fronts with rears yields a much closer complement to the original quad mix. Always preferred quadradisc for the richer warmth and greater ambiance of the rears. But now with this flip, this mix sounds equally awesome!

Interesting observation. Main vocals are in the left and right rear which gives credence to your finding. There are backing vocal and faint ambient echo of the main vocals in the left and right fronts.

Definitely makes more sense swapped like you say but I haven't had a chance to listen.

Interesting discovery...I have this disc but never really play it as the quad is so superior. I agree that no vocals in the fronts is rather strange as they are loud in the rears. Flipped it does sound pretty good but I still prefer the quad as it highlights the four corners more and reveals some buried instruments in the mix, such as the guitar right rear in "you're so vain".

Back