Ken Sessions quad listings from his book (73 ?)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Early listings -Quad Matrix only though -contained in his book, as supplied by the record labels.

20170727_195445.jpg

contains DY-4D-and-SQ---and QS.

next post.

The only one of these that's been issued in digital, as far as I know, is the William Walton pieces conducted by Andre Previn, which were an early EMI DVD-Audio.

Pentatone released at least one recording Seiji Ozawa made with the Paris Orchestra (for Philips), but the odds of them getting access to the EMI archives seems remote. Pity, since the complete Firebird he did is pretty much unavailable.

By the way, you might want to consider a free app called Camscanner for copying pages from the book.

The only one of these that's been issued in digital, as far as I know, is the William Walton pieces conducted by Andre Previn, which were an early EMI DVD-Audio.

Pentatone released at least one recording Seiji Ozawa made with the Paris Orchestra (for Philips), but the odds of them getting access to the EMI archives seems remote. Pity, since the complete Firebird he did is pretty much unavailable.

By the way, you might want to consider a free app called Camscanner for copying pages from the book.

Can it , camscanner, be used with a tablet ? I sorely need something to photograph better "in focus " :D

Thanks for all the photos fizzy, is there anything of interest unreleased-wise from the other majors like Columbia, RCA, W/E/A etc?

Thanks for all the photos fizzy, is there anything of interest unreleased-wise from the other majors like Columbia, RCA, W/E/A etc?

I don't believe so, for Columbia that is and the associated labels. His info listings must be early, likely 74 (or 73). This is the 2nd edition so probably 74 if it was updated.
There are no listings for CD-4 or Q8 or QR , too bad really. I'm thinking those sources didn't respond in time for his publishing deadline.?

He does have the Dynaquad listings (and recommended) .But that can be perused at the thread just below this one , 5th below at this time.

I like that he managed to obtain the initial listings for EMI'S SQ DISCS , and SONY'S, and those SQ discs from Trio (1) and Warner Pioneer. Also some early issue SQ from Germany, Holland, Italy and the U.S.

Besides the ODE QS listings which are a bit intriguing, he does have the initial Folkways/Everests -the faux quads.

Back