ELO- Zoom

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
I just watched the ELO "Zoom" DVD concert last night and it is fantastic! I cannot recommend this one enough. Jeff Lynne and company provide a great set of ELO classics, brilliantly performed and very faithful to the originals. Production is top notch (of course) and the DTS/DD surround mix is moderately aggressive and is an absolute delight! One of the best live surround mixes I've ever heard.

Cai Campbell said:
I just watched the ELO "Zoom" DVD concert last night and it is fantastic! I cannot recommend this one enough. Jeff Lynne and company provide a great set of ELO classics, brilliantly performed and very faithful to the originals. Production is top notch (of course) and the DTS/DD surround mix is moderately aggressive and is an absolute delight! One of the best live surround mixes I've ever heard.

Ill second that sentiment It is definitly one of the best Live surround mixes on DVD.

Guy Robinson said:
Yup, me too, and his back-up singer isn't bad to look at either.

You got that right! She is much more pleasing on the eye than Jeff Lynne, that's for sure!

Guy Robinson said:
Yup, me too, and his back-up singer isn't bad to look at either.

That's no backup singer... that Jeff's wife Rosie Vela!!! va va va voom!!!!!

I hadn't really thought about it before seeing this video, but what is up with Jeff Lynne and those sunglasses? I don't think I've ever seen him without his sunglasses.

Okay, I did a little research to answer my own question.

jeff_05.jpg

He's not as scary looking without the glasses as I thought he would be... I guess it's just a stylistic thang!

I have this disc as well, and REALLY like it! Too bad the tour was cancelled halfway through. My buddy was going to hook me up with backstage passes. I heard the live sound quality was excellent.

It would be nice to have some ELO on DVD-A or SACD.

Cai Campbell said:
Okay, I did a little research to answer my own question.

jeff_05.jpg

He's not as scary looking without the glasses as I thought he would be... I guess it's just a stylistic thang!

Forget Jeff. Here's Rosie!!!!!

Attachments

• rosie2.jpg
    rosie2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 166
I had been wanbting this DVd for the past year , but it was always priced around 45 bucks ( Canadian ).
But recently discovered that it had been bumped down to 16.99.
I love this DVD . The sound is very good and how about those 2 sexy female cello players ?

Back