Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My four just arrived today in Los Angeles.

I'm listening to Illuminations right now. (y)

Way to go Vocalion!

My four just arrived today in Los Angeles.

I'm listening to Illuminations right now. (y)

Way to go Vocalion!

It is a stunning album on every level and for those who might be put off by its 'otherworldliness' Santana still rocks on this album and the back~up musicians are nothing short of superb.

As for the sonics, surroundness and mastering.........likewise superb!

My three arrived yesterday also, must have all dropped from the same plane on the East Coast. Anyway, I may be goaded into going back for Santana also....the other three are magnifico! Jimmy Castor I find a bit less "active" in the mix, but the music is still top notch and varied from Mr. Do It All, or whatever that moniker was.....
Musicmagic is superb as is the Pure Prairie League twofer. Who doesn't like a little mid 70's country rock? As always, Bob Dylan's brother's written commentary is insightful about the music and its context, and where it all fits in the quadraphonic pantheon. Well done Sir! ;)

Gentlemen, while I concur that shipping notifications would be helpful, Mr. Dutton, IMO, is working as fast as he can to master these very LOW, LOW priced QUAD SACDs [with four more due next month] and I'm sure, in time, he will have e~mail shipment info available but in the meantime think of it this way: MoFi announced the 2 SACD STEREO only edition of Billy Joel's Greatest Hits two or three years ago and its finally available at $45US. So, Music Direct [or, whoever the vendor] will send you an email announcing shipment. Fine and dandy.

If D~V released B. Joel's Greatest Hits TWO~FER, it would probably list at $14US and would probably be multichannel.

Let's NOT be picayune. The Man [Mr. Dutton] is working as fast as he can and, IMO, is doing an astounding job.

When I placed my order with D~V, I printed out a receipt and did not pay extra for expedited shipping. When it arrives....it arrives! Patience is a virtue. I'm sure if your shipments are delayed, then you can email HIM with your order number and he will do his best to rectify it.

Thank you Ralphie...MUCH appreciated post(y)

My July 28 order retrieved from the mailbox today.

Currently surrounded by Illuminations bliss.
Giving thanks for Mr Dutton and all people of good will on this forum.

Oooooommmmmm...........
:sun

A question for Canadians from here and ordering from dutton vocalion directly.
I have only ordered 2 so far but am thinking of putting a bigger order in,maybe 6 or more in one order to save on shipping but it's not a huge saving but every little bit helps.
Has anyone else done this from Canada and did you get hit with extra duty charge as a result as that would then defeat the purpose of putting in a single order?

peter

You should check with Charles, I know he had a recent order ("a whole batch", not sure how many that is) coming from DV.
I've ordered a couple here and there from Amazon Canada with no problems but at $5 shipping each I'd be inclined to do what you suggest if buying multiple titles

Hey thanks for the responses.
I did get a reply back from Charles via email as well this morning and he did order a $100 worth and came through without any extra taxes although he said it took 6 weeks to arrive. Well my only ordered DV titles took 5 weeks to showup so one extra week when it takes that long would not be the deciding factor.

I will wait till DV announces their next round of titles and hopefully put a bigger order in, so come on DV what you got for us :)

Last edited:
I need to touch base with Charles, see which ones he bought and what he thinks of them, so that I know which ones are must buys.

Well, they're all must buys....more like which ones do I buy first

Clint will laugh at my post cause of my impatient nature sometimes. But.....I paid extra for faster shipping and tracking number. Unless they haven't shipped mine yet (I've had my order in place since day 1), I've not received any notification and when I log into my account, there is no information about shipping or tracking.

I paid an additional $20.97 for this shipping/tracking. What a complete waste if they don't follow through. Steely - do you have any insight to this shipping?

Clint will laugh at my post cause of my impatient nature sometimes. But.....I paid extra for faster shipping and tracking number. Unless they haven't shipped mine yet (I've had my order in place since day 1), I've not received any notification and when I log into my account, there is no information about shipping or tracking.

I paid an additional $20.97 for this shipping/tracking. What a complete waste if they don't follow through. Steely - do you have any insight to this shipping?

I know it's not ideal especially if you're used to the automated way amazon and the other big boys do things, but if you want to get your tracking number you'll need to email Vocalion's shipping department and ask for it.

Mike is aware of the grumbling about the lack of dispatch notifications, and it is something they want to address (no pun intended) but it just hasn't happened yet. The label has a very small staff and if they had to hire additional manpower to provide the kind of shipping service Amazon does, it would literally double the price they have to charge. I've suggested to them that they get someone to write some software that will automate the process of sending out shipping notice emails (along with tracking info from the shipping log) but again it's the kind of project that takes time and money. D-V's main focus is getting shipments out the door, so if people in the UK are receiving them (where shipping usually only takes 2 or 3 days), you can be pretty much assured that your discs are on their way. But again, don't be afraid to shoot them an email, all the people at the label are kind and friendly and want to help.

The other upside of the tracking service you paid for is that (at least from my experience) it's much quicker. The non-tracked shipments I've had have taken in the neighbourhood of 30 days, whereas the the couple of tracked ones were something like 10 or 12 days. So hopefully you should have the discs in your hands faster as a result.

Thanks for the reassuring words Dave. Yeah, I will email them and see if I can get tracking. It's all good...just hate to spend money if it's not warranted. :) Or useful...

:couch

The other upside of the tracking service you paid for is that (at least from my experience) it's much quicker. The non-tracked shipments I've had have taken in the neighbourhood of 30 days, whereas the the couple of tracked ones were something like 10 or 12 days. So hopefully you should have the discs in your hands faster as a result.

Royal Mail quote 5 to 7 working days for both tracked and untracked "small parcel" to USA. I used the tracked service to send a parcel to USA a month or so back. I seem to remember its being there well within a fortnight.

The "economy" service is likely to be anything up to 60 days.

Thanks for the reassuring words Dave. Yeah, I will email them and see if I can get tracking. It's all good...just hate to spend money if it's not warranted. :) Or useful...

They eventually emailed me back on October 23rd. Hey, that was yesterday. They provided my tracking number.

I was looking at Asendia.com

I then managed to stumble upon AsendiaUK.com or something like that. It gave more detailed information. I don't really know what it means.....seems it was initiated on October 18th! That sounds better.....

Asendia.JPG

Not sure where to post this, but for USA folks purchasing from Vocalion.....if you purchase shipping with tracking here is what you need to do:

1. Email Vocalion and ask for the tracking. They will not email it to you otherwise.
2. They use Asendia to ship their stuff to USA.
3. Do not simply go to Asendia.com - the tracking information will be very primitive and lacking information.
4. You need to go to this link... https://asendia.mpm.metapack.com/XTrace/

5. Paste in your tracking number into the box that says: Identifier
6. Click on Event History below. It will populate much more detailed information about your shipment.

Have you tried plugging the tracking number into the USPS website or Royal Mail's website? I think the tracking number system is global now, and often the tracking site of the destination country (ie if you're in the US use USPS) will give you the most detailed, up to date tracking info.

Have you tried plugging the tracking number into the USPS website or Royal Mail's website? I think the tracking number system is global now, and often the tracking site of the destination country (ie if you're in the US use USPS) will give you the most detailed, up to date tracking info.

wow! No, I would have never thought of doing that....I'll try it.

Back