3 New SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (October 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want my quad D/V SACDs and need to know the upcoming titles.

I'm like so over Bridge Over Troubled Tapes right about now.

Despite what some have said here, D-V never said that the next batch would be announced at the beginning of September - 'coming in September' doesn't mean 'announced on or about September 1st'. Remember that unlike MFSL or AF, D-V don't announce their titles until they have stock in hand, so you're not waiting months or years between announcement and shipping, it's days at most. The cake is ready when the dough rises, not when an arbitrary timer goes off.

I'm as excited as everyone else about what's coming next, and possibly even more so - as I said elsewhere I knew about some of the discs from the previous batch for more than half a year as a result of writing liner notes, and if that isn't anticipation I don't know what is. But by the same token, I hope people are enjoying what's already come out, because if you're constantly focused on what's next, you're missing out on what's now.

As for what I'm up to... plenty ;)

Unlike MFSL or AF, D-V don't announce their titles until they have stock in hand, so you're not waiting months or years between announcement and shipping, it's days at most.

Audio Fidelity has shortened the time between announcement and shipment of SACDs in recent years to avoid this very issue.
Analogue Productions (Acoustic Sounds) and Mobile Fidelity do pre-announce their titles as do some of the other reissue labels.

The policy varies by company.

Yes been enjoying what has come out, played each disc three times about, and need to know when they will announce more...

... or need to know what titles are on tap this time.

Dear god let it be some really surprising ones. A couple of RCA country or rock titles would hit the spot for me and make me truly forget about S&G.

everything comes to he who waits, Ralphie ;)

Really???

I've noticed that lots of things never come to those that wait, and they die without ever seeing things they really wanted to see.

But I guess it's a nice thought, even if fantasy.

OK Vocalion.....the clock is ticking. :banana:
It's September 17th and you did say "Watch our site for more SACD releases in September" ;)

So, I'm counting on it. :smokin

OK Vocalion.....the clock is ticking. :banana:
It's September 17th and you did say "Watch our site for more SACD releases in September" ;)

So, I'm counting on it. :smokin

I've been checking their website every day but as with the last batch we usually hear from steelydave first precluding the official D~V announcement.

And realistically, Gene, the last batch including a two~fer takes a LOT of time and preparation so we should all be patient.

Just goes to show how ravenous some of us are for new material. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's something really good this time.

I'm so excited about the announcement coming this week on the new quads from D/V. I just pray it's not all Easy Listening. I think it will be variety like the last six releases.

Back