3 New SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (October 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that Deodato's first two albums for CTI are now scheduled to be released by Dutton on a single SACD :)

So I've ordered the Deodato & Cecil Holmes Quads. DV are doing a great job as I'm discovering new music I've never heard before that I like, and in Quad :banana::banana::banana::banana:

So I've ordered the Deodato & Cecil Holmes Quads. DV are doing a great job as I'm discovering new music I've never heard before that I like, and in Quad :banana::banana::banana::banana:

You are missing out on the Dave Valentin -certainly a much more credible and talented artist than Cecil Holmes who wasn’t even a musician. Dave was an enormously talented Latin Jazz flautist who died too young. I was privileged to work with him and see him perform many times.

You are missing out on the Dave Valentin -certainly a much more credible and talented artist than Cecil Holmes who wasn’t even a musician. Dave was an enormously talented Latin Jazz flautist who died too young. I was privileged to work with him and see him perform many times.

No missing out here.
I ordered all 3 of the new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion.

On the Cecil Holmes Quad mixes, I requested those on Surround SACD from Dutton Vocalion.
So that was a definite order here.

The guy behind that one was actually Tony Camilo, the producer of the Gladys Knight & the Pips hits on Buddah, with a host of studio musicians.
So while the album was a tribute to Cecil Holmes, record exec. There is definitely musical talent at work here.

Yeah, but many here want multi-channel. So, that's the reason for not ordering that one. At least, that's my excuse.... :)

Yeah, but many here want multi-channel. So, that's the reason for not ordering that one. At least, that's my excuse.... :)

You can always pretend it's surround by waving that magic wand of yours, Gen[ie].:banana:

Besides, it's a first from the GRP Label which was quite the audiophile label back in the day. Valentin IS immensely talented.

Hope D~V releases some Diane Schuur on Stereo SACD...also from the GRP label as well as some Dave Grusin.....His West Side Story DVD, produced by Phil Ramone [ DTS 5.1 but really sounds awesome] would be a great surround candidate. https://www.amazon.com/Dave-Grusin-.../ref=tmm_dva_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

No missing out here.
I ordered all 3 of the new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion.

On the Cecil Holmes Quad mixes, I requested those on Surround SACD from Dutton Vocalion.
So that was a definite order here.

The guy behind that one was actually Tony Camilo, the producer of the Gladys Knight & the Pips hits on Buddah, with a host of studio musicians.
So while the album was a tribute to Cecil Holmes, record exec. There is definitely musical talent at work here.

I am very familiar with the Cecil Holmes title - perhaps curated by Cecil but performed by a group of talented studio cats. The playing is first rate, the arrangements are by the numbers. I'm sure the quad mix is stellar - just not a big fan of "sound-a-like" arrangements. Sort of like a realistic android - there's something off

[video]https://media.giphy.com/media/1LP4A6Mh8NkIM/giphy.gif[/video]

Eh...sort of related...

So - Vocalion's website. If I log in, there is a box you can check that says "Remember me on this computer". Of course, I check it...but every single time I visit the site, I have to remember my password and log in.

Ugh....no other site does that. Anyone know why the feature they offer doesn't work?

Eh...sort of related...

So - Vocalion's website. If I log in, there is a box you can check that says "Remember me on this computer". Of course, I check it...but every single time I visit the site, I have to remember my password and log in.

Ugh....no other site does that. Anyone know why the feature they offer doesn't work?

Maybe because they think you're really Ted Nugent!
:ugham:

:kitty: Scratch Fever, anyone?

the Deodato & Cecil Holmes SACDs still have pre order status at the Dutton Vocalion site, do you know what the hold up is Brian?

The 3 SACDs scheduled for release in October are due in from the SACD replication line on October 18th.
So I think we will see the shipments starting shortly after that date.

Everything is still on track for an October 2017 release by Dutton Vocalion.

The 3 SACDs scheduled for release in October are due in from the SACD replication line on October 18th.
So I think we will see the shipments starting shortly after that date.

Everything is still on track for an October 2017 release by Dutton Vocalion.

It's my birthday on the 26th. What a wonderful present (from me) they would make!

Back