3 New SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (October 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
3 New SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in October 2017
(Shipments to begin on or after October 18, 2017)

Dutton Vocalion SACDs - October 2017.jpg

Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 (2 Album Hybrid Surround Sound SACD Set)
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8532

Dave Valentin - Land of the Third Eye (Hybrid Stereo SACD)
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8533

Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers (2 Album Hybrid Surround Sound SACD Set)
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8531

If these will be as qualitative as Tower Of Power and Main Ingredient, this label will slowly but safely climb up to become one of my absolute favourite labels. The mastering on ToP is out of this world.

Wonder if the September SACD releases will be Classical or pop? Usually, D~V follows a bevy of pop/rock releases with classical titles.

Anyone [steelydave?] have any insight?

Just being curious. Wouldn't mind if they released more Classical Titles from the RCA/Columbia QUAD vaults.:music

Wonder if the September SACD releases will be Classical or pop? Usually, D~V follows a bevy of pop/rock releases with classical titles.

Anyone [steelydave?] have any insight?

Wondering this too. I'm going to do an order when they do their next classical slate, but they've been quite active on the non-classical side lately.

Could be some Classical SACDs from Dutton Epoch - either more new Classical SACD releases or Classical SACD reissues. Or could be more Easy Listening, Jazz or Pop SACD reissues.
We will know more as September approaches.

The variety in these releases from Dutton Vocalion is truly remarkable. The vast majority of the music on these quadraphonic SACDs - classical and non-classical - is new to me. Yet so much of it is wonderful.

In a way it is incredible that the Vocalion that is offering Teddy Bears Picnic by Henry Hall (mono CD) and Dancing on My Heart by Victor Silvester & His Ballroom Orchestra (mono CD) is also offering Illuminations in glorious quad.

Can the SACDs coming out in September be as good and entertaining as these four?

Here's hoping that the D~V September QUAD SACDs hold more worthwhile surprises. For me, at least, these August QUAD SACDs are among THE best, yet....and to be honest, the 5 QUAD RCA/Columbia QUAD classical titles.

I'm hoping D-V have little patience for those titles deemed "quad blocked" and that they roll out a title or two that we all thought was a no-go, like something MFSL did, but was 8 or 10 years ago so nothing applies now (to D-V) so many years later. Or even try for a Warners title, why not. If they could do RTF so soon after AF did it in stereo only, then maybe the sky is the limit.

But whatever they do I'm going to be buying some of them to support their efforts.

Can the SACDs coming out in September be as good and entertaining as these four?

We've been told not to get our hopes up too high, and that many many top acts are not available at this time because they are already reissued in the U.K. Or the artist has a price that is unworkable at this sales level.

But I like obscure stuff, jazz / rock fusion. I like country, r & b, and cult artists. I'm fine with many of the left field quad albums. I think something out of the next for will be appealing, if not all of them.

We've been told not to get our hopes up too high, and that many many top acts are not available at this time because they are already reissued in the U.K. Or the artist has a price that is unworkable at this sales level.

Or the artist isn't interested in having the albums reissued.

Now rolling into September 4th and still no news? What's goin' on?

Seems the boards were all lit up over this weekend about a particular quad "evergreen" just announced for SACD. Maybe it's best they D/V wait a day or two for the dust to settle on that one, and then not get any thunder stolen.

But I am excited too about the next batch, I know I'll be bonkers over at least one of them. God willin' there will be an evergreen from D/V that tops anything that they have already done.

I'm usually an optimist.

steelyDave has been rather quiet lately.

Either...

A) He is busy writing the Blog announcing the September releases....

or

B) Nothing will be released/announced for September.

Certainly, it seems Dutton doesn't always release every month (SACD multi-channel that is)
So, maybe it isn't going to be??

:chill;);):mad:@::mad:@::yikes:yikes:banana::banana:

Back