Snood Computer went Kaboom new Operating System and some tagging probs now

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
So yeah my almost 7 year old Windows 7 PC went kaboom Wednesday night.........

Sooooooooo I upgraded to Windows 10 having heard that reinstalling 7 and updating was a chore and took forever or would get hung up nowadays

Well in between hard drives Snood tried some stuff on on my old laptop Vista with my externals........seems all my Flac files even though they are tagged and pictured and can see see the picture embedded into each song.......the picture does not show up on the file itself. Biut all my mp3s are fine

So tried Momma Snoods windows 8.1 same thing - any flac file whether it is stereo cd, stereo hi res or multichannel - the flac pictures do not attach to the song in windows even though the picture is there and is embedded

Tried my tagscanner again and went to edit the pic is already there but tried anyways.....nothing :yikes even tried retagging everything nope

Same thing with Windows 10

So went online to see if this is a thing, and apparently it is :mad:@: - wondering if any out there have experienced the or are experiencing the same thing...........or if anyone knows a fix for this......

From the lil bit me have found on line.........have not seen a fix for it.:howl

The files play fine on foobar etc.......just like folders to look prettier :smokin

Any advice or chime in if this is a thing for you and if you found the cure :banana:

The first thing you should do is shoot that danciń banana at the end of your last sentence. After that, really think about not ever using a Windows based computer again. ;)

How dare you!!!!???

Just for that....

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm using Win10 and FLACs with Tagscanner album art images and they all show in Windows Explorer (when the view is set to one that shows images)

Wellllll they all came up now - Windows Groove insignia is on them before I set to view and the picture comes up instead of the foobar logo for each track - If i click a track it goes to Groove App - but I can choose to open in foobar or slide tracks over to foobar so kinda happy - just wondering if it is a Foobar thing or not.

Not sure if I want to turn off the Groove App (or if I can) to where it resets to foobar then all the pics go away, but i might try lol:yikes

UPDATE:

OK found defaulkt programs and yes Groove was default for opening music and changed it to foobar..........everything stillllllllllllll worked fine :banana::banana:

now for my quest of the flac hi res dvd burner software hmmmm:howl

Thank you everybody for the input - altho weirdly on Win 8 it still wonky, but that is not my OS now :cool:

My advice": swear at it, hit the keyboard, call is names, and finally? kick it down the stairs! I HATE Win. 10!!!
I did the upgrade because there was no more protection from crap. and I hate it! Have to go through hoops to get on the web, and it still is slow and won't load right, despite having a good firewall.

The first thing you should do is shoot that danciń banana at the end of your last sentence. After that, really think about not ever using a Windows based computer again. ;)

Well that was sure rude. Snood, I love ya. Keep posting the bananas.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

SNOOD~KINS: As Burt B.once wrote: The Windows of the World are covered with rain....where is the sunshine we once knew.......

And Mr. S: better a dancing banana :banana: than a ROTTEN ONE!:yikes

Good Luck getting the problem fixed!

Back