The Pinnacle of Chesky Voice - Hybrid Stereo SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Inside story. Lots of friends and audio guys were invited. Had a few drinks and sat around for the music. After 1-2 songs, David Chesky came out from the control room and asked us to make more noise. We did.

And a good time was had by all as it's certainly an excellent recording. I see Chesky who has been absent from the multichannel physical disc release schedule is releasing a stereo SACD of female vocalists on August 18th: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=12435

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/pinnacle-o...er=ADVNLPPcef95700cdbf92970002ca03d5000040904

Must be a newly announced Hybrid Stereo SACD.
Hasn't shown up yet on Amazon.Com in the US pre-order list.

From what I can gather, it's likely a compilation of music licensed from Chesky and not a release directly from Chesky itself. The title doesn't show up on Chesky's website. The music is said to be remastered by Stockfisch Records of Germany. Not sure where this title will be officially released; my information comes from a Hong Kong press release which says release date is August 9 (just ahead of the annual HK High-End Audio/Visual Show this coming weekend). The SACD is already in stock at HK e-tailer like hifi-cd.com.

From what I can gather, it's likely a compilation of music licensed from Chesky and not a release directly from Chesky itself. The title doesn't show up on Chesky's website. The music is said to be remastered by Stockfisch Records of Germany. Not sure where this title will be officially released; my information comes from a Hong Kong press release which says release date is August 9 (just ahead of the annual HK High-End Audio/Visual Show this coming weekend). The SACD is already in stock at HK e-tailer like hifi-cd.com.

Good to know, soundboy. I also noticed there was a track from former Columbia/SONY recording artist Macy Gray. And you're correct. No mention of this SACD on Chesky's own website.

Good to know, soundboy. I also noticed there was a track from former Columbia/SONY recording artist Macy Gray. And you're correct. No mention of this SACD on Chesky's own website.

The Macy Gray track is a re-recording. I heard parts of it and is better than the original version of the song, IMHO. Macy Gray has an album called "Stripped" on Chesky.

The press release I have mentioned this title was released last year on vinyl, but the Macy Gray track and a track by Melissa Menago will be SACD only.

Ok, that makes sense.

Stockfisch is a European company that puts out SACDs of newly recorded albums and does reissues.

Back