Oppo Releases Free DSD Stereo & Multichannel Sampler

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again guys, thanks for all the help! You guys are great!!!!
Success! Using IE it downloaded at 2.51 GB, and I unzipped it fine with the windows unzipper. So the solution is don't use AOL's browser (although I still don't understand why).
Wow, so many problems to get something that's free :>) !

A question for you guys.if I were to get into doing these downloads, I'm going to wind up with tons of these USB sticks, and there's no way to write on them what's on them. And I'm not going to be standing in front of my oppo for hours inserting each stick to find ONE album. Any ideas on how to catalog these things????

A question for you guys.if I were to get into doing these downloads, I'm going to wind up with tons of these USB sticks, and there's no way to write on them what's on them. And I'm not going to be standing in front of my oppo for hours inserting each stick to find ONE album. Any ideas on how to catalog these things????

I purchased a stand-alone NAS (basically some memory in a box) that is connected to my network (via my wireless router) and I use Foobar on my PC to access the NAS and it's all routed to my receiver for multi-channel playback.

I know, I know....sounds complicated. As it turns out, it's not. My NAS has 8 TB of space.

Heck, maybe the NAS can be routed to the Oppo. Guess I don't know about that....

Hey, I learn something everyday. I just turned on my Oppo, scrolled over to the network app and boom....I could see my NAS, clicked that, it indexed all the music and I could play through my Oppo. I'll be damned....

The only thing I have found 'wrong' with the Oppo, Panasonic, Pioneer Amp, and my old deceased Denon is that they played the tracks stored on my NAS in alphabetical order not tagged order, if I put the track number into front of the Song Title it plays numerically! Which I find irritating :mad:@:

Hey, I learn something everyday. I just turned on my Oppo, scrolled over to the network app and boom....I could see my NAS, clicked that, it indexed all the music and I could play through my Oppo. I'll be damned....

The only thing I have found 'wrong' with the Oppo, Panasonic, Pioneer Amp, and my old deceased Denon is that they played the tracks stored on my NAS in alphabetical order not tagged order, if I put the track number into front of the Song Title it plays numerically! Which I find irritating :mad:@:

I use the OPPO's wi-fi connection to access music on my computer.

When I use the OPPO Network to connect to my computer one of the things it does is displays a "media player" icon which does as you're saying. It lists the songs in the album folders by the metadata in alphabetical title order. Totally sucks.

However, if you go to the Network folder on your computer and SHARE your computer name (mine says Ed-HP), the OPPO will pull that in also and everything displays and plays in the correct order, plus you can navigate to additional folders besides the defaults (music, photo, video).

However #2, sometimes OPPO will display the "media player" icon and the computer name as soon as I enter the Network. Sometimes I have to press the round enter button when I move the cursor to the dots at the top of the screen before the computer name appears. Sometimes the computer name won't show unless I restart both the computer and the OPPO.
Give it a try. :smokin

I purchased a stand-alone NAS (basically some memory in a box) that is connected to my network (via my wireless router) and I use Foobar on my PC to access the NAS and it's all routed to my receiver for multi-channel playback.

I know, I know....sounds complicated. As it turns out, it's not. My NAS has 8 TB of space.

I have it set up that way as well.
The NAS is connected to the Oppo via Powerline Ethernet.

Great way to stream music downloads and movies to the Oppo. :)

All that being said...I have to come clean. I have my PC in the picture and in that way, Foobar is a visual treat. It's my preferred way to listen to multi-channel. No turning back.....

Foobar is the king!!!

And here is a picture of Foobar in action...love it...

Alice Cooper 2017.jpg

Back