Bill Bruford in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! How sweet...

I didn't do any research, but is the deluxe box the only version that includes multi-channel? Yikes, if it is, I will be buying this anyway. :banana:

Holy Moly!!! :cool:

My all time favorite drummer in surround!
One of a Kind in 5.1? This is a dream come true. That album is a desert island disc for me. I have it on cd, but i long ago wore out my lp copy of it.

Best surround news of the year!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Wow, brilliant news. Just bought it, definitely albums I'd never expected to see in surround.................................I'm going to have to build an extension for all these Box Sets :ugham:

This definitely seems like a great set, and I will probably get it.
However, I'm going to go through the music first just to make sure it's for me.
Also, on Burning Shed's website, they list a credit for Ben Darlow as the Mastering & DVD Authoring Engineer for the two Jakko remixes.
Based on the credits I have found for him on Discogs.com (and the general trend away from DVDA-V towards DVD-V again) I will venture to guess that the DVDs are not DVD-A (like they are currently listed on Burning Shed's website) but instead DVD-V with DTS 5.1

If they just have Dullby audio, then I definitely will not partake.

:)

JODER, GRACIAS CÉSAR, TÍO...BRUTAALLLLLL!!!!!!!
(this is SPANISH spanish...not mexican or puerto rican, or any other....where "cuss words" are not considered rude...)

You know?,

I rest my case...

"they" listen to me all the time..it's not funny... ( cue in paranoid suspense music..)
I swear, I have been listening to "One of a kind" for three weeks straight now..)

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Sorry for bitching , but 75 GBP is A LOT...don't know if I can do it....I'd have thought it'd have been about HALF that price...aaaahhh Taurus...stubborn...come on Bill...you don't need that much moolah!!!! or ,as least , make it 50 GBP !!!!!!...I'd do 50 GBP

I had never heard these before, despite being a fusion fan.

I checked them out, and I'm not sure they have aged well. The keyboard sounds on some tracks sound very dated. The overall performance is brilliant, but I am not sure I can get past the keyboard sounds. I'll have to give them more of a chance over the next few weeks, because this box set is a pretty big investment.

Jakko is on a roll :)

Bills solo work is OK at best for me, of all Yes solo albums I find his to be least interesting. An amazing drummer and a fair songwriter IMO. He is really something in Yes and King Crimson.

For years (decades, actually) every time I heard the first vocal entrance on "Back to the Beginning Again" I'd think, "damn, that's loud. I wish they would remix this." Guess my wish is about to come true!

A must buy. One of a Kind alone is one of the finest prog albums ever made, period. To get Feels Good to Me as well is icing on the cake.

I just hope Jakko J doesn't fuck this up.

Wish I could afford it....

(Apologies for the upcoming threadcrap)

Right now my life is in shambles..
-I probably won't get renewed in February (jobwise) because another company offered me a job, so the same day they told I had been chosen I gave my current boss a 15 day notice , only to have the company that was gonna hire me send me an EMAIL (not even a phone call) telling me that they had changed their mind and I was NOT gonna get hired!!! So the current company doesn't "want" me...
-My wife, who I love and adore, decided she wants a divorce...all nice and friendly (at least!)..so I have to save my pennies to move out-which is ALWAYS expensive!!!!

So, if you guys know of any job that's open dealing with (aeronautical and raw materials) Purchasing/Logistics /Contract negotiation----please let me know...

Maybe a Standalone DVDA MCH of OOAK????

Wish I could afford it....

(Apologies for the upcoming threadcrap)

Right now my life is in shambles..
-I probably won't get renewed in February (jobwise) because another company offered me a job, so the same day they told I had been chosen I gave my current boss a 15 day notice , only to have the company that was gonna hire me send me an EMAIL (not even a phone call) telling me that they had changed their mind and I was NOT gonna get hired!!! So the current company doesn't "want" me...
-My wife, who I love and adore, decided she wants a divorce...all nice and friendly (at least!)..so I have to save my pennies to move out-which is ALWAYS expensive!!!!

So, if you guys know of any job that's open dealing with (aeronautical and raw materials) Purchasing/Logistics /Contract negotiation----please let me know...

Come on, it's one of these moments in life when you cannot help thinking what else can go wrong.
I arrived in the morning from Brazil, will give you a call this week when I'm a person again.
Back to topic, this release is perhaps the big surprise to me this year. But due to the price I'll refrain myself from buying it until reading the first reviews in here.

I doubt it.
Maybe there will be CD/DVD breakout editions of "Feels Good to Me" and "One of a Kind", but even then I have trouble envisioning that, simply because Bruford is not the kind of artist that will attract a decent amount of sales to make editions like that worthwhile.

Back