A little distortion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,

I have recently obtained a JVC 5446 receiver. It sounds pretty good in stereo, but I've noticed when playing SQ or QS albums using the matrix modes, I get a little of what could be described as a slight warble from the woofers. I'm wondering if this would be an expectation of these older units, or if it might be an indication of things being a little out of whack with my receiver.

Thanks

Charles

Hi Folks,

I have recently obtained a JVC 5446 receiver. It sounds pretty good in stereo, but I've noticed when playing SQ or QS albums using the matrix modes, I get a little of what could be described as a slight warble from the woofers. I'm wondering if this would be an expectation of these older units, or if it might be an indication of things being a little out of whack with my receiver.

Thanks

Charles

Hi. CharlesLovesQuad

Its a hard one to come up with a answer,
1. You have to think about the Quad unit you have and JVC had its own Quad system which was CD-4 Quad & the matrix systems that were built in are opposition to JVC so the technology behind them are inferior to their own and that my be a answer or not.
2. The age of the unit has to be put into context which would be 35-40 years old so may need a Audio tech to investigate weather it needs a overhaul.
Bill..

Last edited:
",,, so may need a Audio tech to investigate weather i..."

An audio engineer investigating weather? Why not a weather man. Whether or not he has any idea of what the weather is would be speculation.:yikes

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a great local fellow who can work on it. I do like this quad adventure I'm on!

",,, so may need a Audio tech to investigate weather i..."

An audio engineer investigating weather? Why not a weather man. Whether or not he has any idea of what the weather is would be speculation.:yikes

Hi. seilerbird

Just one of my many type-poos I do often, its great when you can get a good laugh....hehehe...

Back