Jerry Lewis dies at 91

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seilerbird

600 Club - QQ All-Star
One of the all time greatest comedians passed away today. The articles about him always stress that he was a great comic, a great nightclub act with Dino, a humanitarian, a great singer with lots of hit records and a great movie star. But they never mention he was also a great musician. Check out one of the funniest bits he ever did, a drum battle with Buddy Rich. You gotta be great to go head to head with Buddy.

https://youtu.be/141o_jwG7cA

Being a kid when he was at his peak, I loved his stuff! He went downhill after but a comeback in the "King of Comedy" but, sadly too late. A very good slapstick artist, that type of comedy was popular then ( 3 Stooges)
In the day. But how much of the same stuff can one tolerate? I will miss him, he was a star to me and will always have a place for him.:(
So for You Jerry - :beer2
a toast to the real king of comedy!

Being a kid when he was at his peak, I loved his stuff! He went downhill after but a comeback in the "King of Comedy" but, sadly too late. A very good slapstick artist, that type of comedy was popular then ( 3 Stooges)
In the day. But how much of the same stuff can one tolerate? I will miss him, he was a star to me and will always have a place for him.:(
So for You Jerry - :beer2
a toast to the real king of comedy!

I recently read his autobiography and it seems he was so good no one wanted him to play before them and his life was an incredible story if you like a good read I would recommend strongly thanks Rick

I'll never forget the first time I saw a theremin being played.
As a kid at a free summer afternoon matinee starring Jerry, The Delicate Delinquent.
He had a good run, RIP.

[video=youtube_share;WkVw32vafPE]https://youtu.be/WkVw32vafPE[/video]

This is not the Great Balls of Fire guy? Very confused. :confused:

Jerry Lewis and Dean martin?? "The Bell boy?" The Nutty Professor? You must be a young dude not to know.
This was a very funny guy, he had his time, fleeting as it was, but he is most noted for the MD telethons where he would stay up 24 hrs to get money for MD research. As a kid I loved him, and even would watch the telethons.
He hurt his career by parting with Dean martin, who was the straight half of the team. Like Hope and Crosby- Bob Hope the funny guy and Crosby the straight guy.
But It was so funny of CNN to do what they do best, offer bullshit!

Jerry Lewis and Dean martin?? "The Bell boy?" The Nutty Professor? You must be a young dude not to know.
This was a very funny guy, he had his time, fleeting as it was, but he is most noted for the MD telethons where he would stay up 24 hrs to get money for MD research. As a kid I loved him, and even would watch the telethons.
He hurt his career by parting with Dean martin, who was the straight half of the team. Like Hope and Crosby- Bob Hope the funny guy and Crosby the straight guy.
But It was so funny of CNN to do what they do best, offer bullshit!

Ah, ok. I don't think I've seen any of his comedy work, but I think I recall the telethons from when I was a kid. What a cool guy to do that for sufferers of MD.
Google's splash page for Jerry Lee Lewis has him listed as dying yesterday. And the CNN link is still up. Weird.

Sidenote, I like the Van Morrison/Linda Gail Lewis album of Jerry Lee songs. "You Win Again."

Ah, ok. I don't think I've seen any of his comedy work, but I think I recall the telethons from when I was a kid. What a cool guy to do that for sufferers of MD.
Google's splash page for Jerry Lee Lewis has him listed as dying yesterday. And the CNN link is still up. Weird.

Sidenote, I like the Van Morrison/Linda Gail Lewis album of Jerry Lee songs. "You Win Again."

Holy Shit!! evidently this is old fart news!! oh to be young!! Don't let your meat loaf!!:smokin

Watched a lot of his Jerry's and Abbott & Costello movies back in the late 60s early 70s when lil Snood was just in Elementary. They were always playing in our house.

Yeah there were some meeeeeh ones, but a lot were very good. :banana:

91 wow - he did a lot of gooooood for people tooooooo - good show Jerry (y)

Proud to say that I was born in the same city as Jerry Lewis (Newark, NJ). A hit song by his son Gary (of Gary Lewis & The Playboys) says it all... "Everybody Loves A Clown". RIP Jerry :(

Jerry Lewis shows some dance moves in this video with The Treniers in 1954.

Jerry Lewis Dancing in 1954.jpg

http://video.genfb.com/697496033722394

Ah, the funny typewriter scene. Always love watching this one...

[video=youtube;oSyivQLQfQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSyivQLQfQw[/video]

Back