Welcome Wayne Ramm

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadanasaziland

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Nice to have you here buddy!
How bout telling everyone here a little about yourself if you don't mind.
QQ is the greatest group of people you will ever know!
There is so much info here you could drown in it.
WARNING THIS SITE MAY COST YOU ALOT OF $ hehe just trying to catch up with these formats.:confused::yikes:music
Can't wait to get you over for a listening session.
Looking forward to this weekend at your place!

the_invisible_man_by_hg_wells.jpg ?

Wayne is MIA!! Perhaps we ought to report him to the cops? missing persons?
Or his Wayne like Susie on Seinfeld? :confused:
or is Wayne a product of a diabolical plot to make us think he is a member? Hmmm, I wonder? Because snood must offer a formal welcome for one, and we all have to say hi. After all it is our quadstitutional right to offer a greeting?
This mystery will be solved.:smokin

I was thinking the same thing Snood....in fact, it feels like a sort of Clark Kent thing...... :mad:@:

Seems I missed a lot last time I went to the north pole... ^_^

Who dat?!

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome, Dave. I will begin by telling you about my background.
I have been in aviation electronics for many years, even spanning a bit of the vacuum tube era. I have also been a musician since the age of seven (no jokes please). I've played in and led numerous bands in Phoenix Arizona over the years. I now live in the mountains of rural NW New Mexico and have an expanding solo career that takes me to California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma performing. I've been recording my own compositions beginning with a 4 track Teac A2340 machine, which is still in perfect working order. I now record using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum and have been a Cakewalk user since the earliest days of the program. As a songwriter I've produced my own CD, "Another Dirt Road" which is available on CD and for download at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/wayneramm and download thru most all online music distributors.
I'm versed in MIDI, own and use MIDI drums, keyboards and modules. I tend to keep the ability to play and convert music from old generations of playback media including; 78rpm, 33 1/3rpm and 45rpm vinyl, 8 track tape, cassette tape (dolby and dbx decode), open reel tape 2 track and 4 track at 7 7/8 ips and 3 3/4 ips, VHS tape and of course CD/DVD. I've recently modified a Tascam DX-4D DBX 4 channel noise reduction system to be able to encode/decode 4 simultaneous tracks from any type tape machine. I am not able to work with Edison tube recordings or Betamax tape at this time.
I play rock and roll and country music professionally. Like many guitarists, I've acquired and have used, at various times, a multitude of guitar effects in both stomp box and rack mount forms.
Now to the Quad aspect of my interests. I've purchased a number of live performance music DVD's over the years as well as converted a few from cable to DVD. I've never created any 5.1 or other multiple speaker format content of my own, until now. Dave Giles has gotten me interested in trying my hand at creating my first original 5.1 format version of one of my original compositions. He gave me a basic primer on the topic and got me starting my own research on the topic as large as it seems to have become in my mind. So far in this past week, I've hobbled together my own listening configuration of a 5.1 system in my recording studio. All of the channels are connected to 20khz top end frequency speakers, with the exception of the subwoofer which has a 30-300hz capability. I've done a rudimentary first cut at setting up spacial locations for the 28 tracks in the sample song.
I've not yet saved an encoded file of the 5.1 format song to a DVD to check the result in a dts capable playback system, but was hoping Dave could listen to the progress I've made thus far.
That's all for now. Wayne

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome, Dave. I will begin by telling you about my background.
I have been in aviation electronics for many years, even spanning a bit of the vacuum tube era. I have also been a musician since the age of seven (no jokes please). I've played in and led numerous bands in Phoenix Arizona over the years. I now live in the mountains of rural NW New Mexico and have an expanding solo career that takes me to California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma performing. I've been recording my own compositions beginning with a 4 track Teac A2340 machine, which is still in perfect working order. I now record using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum and have been a Cakewalk user since the earliest days of the program. As a songwriter I've produced my own CD, "Another Dirt Road" which is available on CD and for download at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/wayneramm and download thru most all online music distributors.
I'm versed in MIDI, own and use MIDI drums, keyboards and modules. I tend to keep the ability to play and convert music from old generations of playback media including; 78rpm, 33 1/3rpm and 45rpm vinyl, 8 track tape, cassette tape (dolby and dbx decode), open reel tape 2 track and 4 track at 7 7/8 ips and 3 3/4 ips, VHS tape and of course CD/DVD. I've recently modified a Tascam DX-4D DBX 4 channel noise reduction system to be able to encode/decode 4 simultaneous tracks from any type tape machine. I am not able to work with Edison tube recordings or Betamax tape at this time.
I play rock and roll and country music professionally. Like many guitarists, I've acquired and have used, at various times, a multitude of guitar effects in both stomp box and rack mount forms.
Now to the Quad aspect of my interests. I've purchased a number of live performance music DVD's over the years as well as converted a few from cable to DVD. I've never created any 5.1 or other multiple speaker format content of my own, until now. Dave Giles has gotten me interested in trying my hand at creating my first original 5.1 format version of one of my original compositions. He gave me a basic primer on the topic and got me starting my own research on the topic as large as it seems to have become in my mind. So far in this past week, I've hobbled together my own listening configuration of a 5.1 system in my recording studio. All of the channels are connected to 20khz top end frequency speakers, with the exception of the subwoofer which has a 30-300hz capability. I've done a rudimentary first cut at setting up spacial locations for the 28 tracks in the sample song.
I've not yet saved an encoded file of the 5.1 format song to a DVD to check the result in a dts capable playback system, but was hoping Dave could listen to the progress I've made thus far.
That's all for now. Wayne

Welcome Dave! Feel free to post samples for preview among the members here. There are plenty of ears to go around!

Welcome Dave! Feel free to post samples for preview among the members here. There are plenty of ears to go around!
My buddy's name is Wayne, I'm Dave (no man I am Dave man.( Cheech and Chong) I've been member here since 2002 and also member of the boards that preceded QQ. You might have seen a few of my sticky's on QQ.

So like Wayne said we are working on getting Wayne's stuff out to you guyz in highrez surround.:banana:
Some of Wayne's stuff reminds me of the Outlaws and I hear a bit of Dave Mason in there too.

Waaaaaaaaaaaayne Liveeeeeeeees :banana:

Welcome aboard Waynester :cool:

My buddy's name is Wayne, I'm Dave (no man I am Dave man.( Cheech and Chong) I've been member here since 2002 and also member of the boards that preceded QQ. You might have seen a few of my sticky's on QQ.

So like Wayne said we are working on getting Wayne's stuff out to you guyz in highrez surround.:banana:
Some of Wayne's stuff reminds me of the Outlaws and I hear a bit of Dave Mason in there too.

My head got turned around, as so often happens....

Back