What is your opinion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..he was sort of "groundbreaking" in the beginning, and , I'll have to admit that "Journey to the center of the mind" is really good...it may sound dated and maybe even "lame" by today's standards, but, that genre has gone through a LOT!!!!
I mean, there's a before and after Eddie Van Halen....unfortunately , groundbreaking guitarists like Ollie Halsall , who was a f*cking genius has never (and probably will never) get the praise he deserves, BUT at least Cherry Red Records released ALL of the Patto albums on CD this year, even one that was NEVER released (Monkey's Bum), all of you guys who like good stuff should get these, they ARE worth it....

(sorry for the derail!)
:smokin

He played guitar on one of the most iconic psychedelic era songs. That's a hell of a lot more than what a lot of these semi-talented individuals did in there already.

I agree. It's mostly political as to whether somebody is accepted or not.

Doug

From most of the discussion here it sounds like Amboy Dukes is more deserving for induction into the HOF than Nugent alone is. I could sympathize with the Amboy Dukes being honored more than a Nugent solo induction. YMMV

From most of the discussion here it sounds like Amboy Dukes is more deserving for induction into the HOF than Nugent alone is. I could sympathize with the Amboy Dukes being honored more than a Nugent solo induction. YMMV

Good point. And, when you consider Nugents age and his chops with them...all the more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I thought the blunt juvenile lyrics were funny when I was 12. Huh huh, he just said jailbait and pussy. Huh huh. Didn't the Amboy Dukes actually kinda rock and he's slowed down ever since? He really embarrasses himself in public these days. Nonstop junior highschool behavior doesn't look so good when you grow old. I don't really take the R&R hall of fame any more seriously than Mr. Nugent though, honestly. Seems like a clique for bands that never got the acclaim through their own merits. I mean, there are some bands that very much belong there too but that's the vibe I always got.

Alex Lifeson's acceptance speech was just perfect. Just the perfect combination of blunt in your face insulting to the event and delivered in a way that they had to sit there and smile and take it. I love seeing ugliness destroyed by comedy and I don't think George Carlin could have done any better with this one. :)

I like David Crosby. I should say I liked a lot of his older more hungry stuff. He hasn't caught my attention with anything new for a long time. He's not wrong here of course but it's pretty low hanging fruit. I want to try to say something funny like they should tour together just to see what the hell happens in the audience but I think Borat already captured such a scene on film.

I saw a reality show years back with Ted, Sebastian Bach, and some other musicians... I don't remember the name of the show... trying to form a Supergroup and put out an album. It was hugely entertaining And Ted was hilarious... really the highlight of the show. Agree with him or not, he's got such a larger than life personality that interviews are always a hoot!

Ok Ted Nugent is a character for sure. here is the reality. In the 70's the music that is embraced today, was not so popular then. My 1st experiences with hard rock music was our local FM station was a oldies format all day with a machine doing all the work. They just added carts to the machine with local ads.
At midnight it was an 'underground" format, I kid you not! This was : "Hippie music" not appreciated, or enjoyed by many.
People forget the days of the attacks on long hairs- and the music. Hendrix? He was hated! Referred to as nothing but noise. Now he is called the greatest guitar player ever. By the very people who claimed it to be noise. Then it was so weird, one day I went out in public and suddenly as if a switch was pulled, everyone was listening to this music, and it became popular, now seen as a value not because it was so much enjoyed but more of an asset a cash cow.
Ted Nugent was one of the musicians that was in this group. Ted is and was part of it, more so than a guy wearing a clock as big as his ego. And yes, the R-R hall is just about money. In my opinion the only thing about it I do like is the performances given every year.
Yes, it is fact, those who are outspoken on a subject, are shunned. How many remember John Lennon and the statement taken out of context about the popularity of the Beatles? Radio stations had record burnings, or Beatle materials, but, when he was killed, he was honored.
I have no respect for this entity. and little for big mouth musicians with ego's as big as the anything.
My opinion.

Regardless of whether or not Nugent belongs in the HOF, Crosby is an ass and I guarantee his opinion is absolutely political.

And if you think Nugent has an ego, Crosby's is about a thousand time bigger. Just read up on what fellow musicians have thought about him in history.

Back