What is your opinion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't really care for Ted's music, but his political stand should not have anything to do with the Rock & Roll hall of fame. Knowing what Ted's political stance is I doubt that he has a chance in hell to get into any liberal hall. Unless you spew flaming liberal tirades.

I believe my avatar speaks for my political view.

I don't care one way or another about an artist's political views. If they try to release their music in surround sound, then they are on my A-One list. If they are anti surround sound then they get relegated to my shit list. :violin

Don't really care for Ted's music, but his political stand should not have anything to do with the Rock & Roll hall of fame. Knowing what Ted's political stance is I doubt that he has a chance in hell to get into any liberal hall. Unless you spew flaming liberal tirades.

I believe my avatar speaks for my political view.

Defining one's politics by a choice of weapons sounds pretty third-world to me, not to mention phallic.

Never really cared for Ted's music and I can't recall anything ground-breaking or evidencing extraordinary talent.
I personally don't like it when music is used to pound any political notion down my throat, but it's my choice to not buy that music.
So, not a huge story for me, one way or the other. I don't see it as a huge loss for the RRHOF if he isn't accepted.
Am I missing some awesome musical cuts? I've really only heard the "best of" radio type songs from The Nuge.

I love Ted's music, but I think there are other artists that deserve to get in first. Politics should have NOTHING to do with eligibility. Honestly, I wish entertainers and sports figures would keep politics out of their professions. When it comes to music, I think artists should create music that makes you question how you think about something, not tell you what to think. I like lyrics that are politically ambiguous, but stimulate thought or discussion.

Regardless of his political leanings, I don't think Ted Nugent warrants induction into the HOF. I just never cared for his music. It's simplistic and juvenile. I don't even own any of it. I also don't think politics should be a factor in any inductee's decision.

All that being said, there are a lot of HOF members I don't think should have been inducted.

He was a very good guitar player, with Journey to the Center of the Mind my favorite. He's also good at narrow-cast self marketing. I don't think he has enough ground-breaking music for hall of fame.

Regardless of his political leanings, I don't think Ted Nugent warrants induction into the HOF. I just never cared for his music. It's simplistic and juvenile. I don't even own any of it. I also don't think politics should be a factor in any inductee's decision.

All that being said, there are a lot of HOF members I don't think should have been inducted.

Not sure about Nugent's music getting him into the HOF, but then again I'm not sure about a lot of others in the HOF.
It truly is Wenner's deal so Ted can forget it regardless.

IMO if Joan Jett can get into the HOF, any other one-hitter should be eligible.

I like quite a bit of Nugent's older stuff and I like Amboy Dukes as well. I also thought he ripped it up in Damn Yankees. But, I dunno. I can't see him having enough in his arsenal to make the Hall.

Like others - I don't agree with a lot of artists who make the hall...when others seemingly never make it. Go figure. I guess we all have different tastes, huh ;)

Damn Yankees - what an amazing band (in my opinion of course)

Video for Come Again.....to my ears, just an outstanding song. :) Ted doing his magic.....the band looked like they were really inspired. I Like it.

[video=youtube;BtuOAnsuZBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuOAnsuZBY[/video]

Video for Come Again.....to my ears, just an outstanding song. :) Ted doing his magic.....the band looked like they were really inspired. I Like it.

Their first album was truly one kick-ass rock masterpiece!

Snood likey Early Nugent but his later years nah

Hall of Fame??? Hmmmmm maybe down the road maaaaaaaaaaaybe - he does have some classic rock songs for sure. :banana:

As a juvenile I loved his music and went to see him in concert. Much of his music is juvenile. But it's hard to say he is not classic Rock & Roll if you are looking at the 1970s. Journey To The Center Of The Mind is still a favorite, and from his heydey Stranglehold is still cool from time to time. Although typically misogynistic of the knuckle dragging lyrics of the era.

I am not aligned with him, but politics should not enter into it.

The real question is: compared to whom. Show me who does not get in because he is taking a spot and I can easily tell you if I think he belongs.

[video=youtube;BtuOAnsuZBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuOAnsuZBY[/video]

(Gene is gonna hate me for saying this , but here it goes...)

I think that Ted's MAIN problem (his totally right wing stance and sort of "childish/cocky" behavior...ever seen the Aerosmith Texxas jam '78 with him joining Aerosmith for "Milk Cow Blues"??? Man, he thought he was the bee's knees-but he came across as an arrogant ahole) stems -pun not intended- from the fact that , for such a tall guy, he's got a really small penis...(I know, I know...WHAT THE HELL was I doing looking at his package?...well it was not intentional, but one day, while I was ripping the "Free for all" SQ I happened to notice it....and it's because it's RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the cover....

short man(or wee wee), Big Ego....

Musically, I bought his Double Live Gonzo back in the day but it somehow disappeared from my collection (a LOT of my LPs disappeared from my dorm room while I was in the Hospital recovering from peritonitis on my Freshman year in Temple)...maybe it was my fault for having a nice collection and in such great condition...I'm sure that , had they been scratched and/or dirty, they would have not been stolen...

I bought it on CD about 20 years ago, only to find that one of my teachers at Berklee was one of the ...***ehem***... "producers", he was also a Quad mixer in a couple of CBS LPs...

As for the R+R HoF , it's like EVERYTHING in the biz..PAYOLA!!! if you pay enough, you're in!

Ted Nugent isn't worthy. Its pointless to go into a qualitative argument for his admission. He wasn't a pioneer...or a groundbreaker.He was\is just another guy from Michigan...

I'll say it again - my avatar has absolutely zero to do with my liking or disliking of Nugent. If I was going to use my avatar to show who or what I liked in music - it certainly would not be Ted. I just like the picture.....

Still, he's a super talented guitarist, horrible band mate (I'm guessing) and an average song writer....at best. He has a horrifically big mouth, massive ego and all that.
Oh, what you say? He's not groundbreaking or pioneering? I didn't realize that was always the criteria to get into the Hall.

Anyway - little, if any chance he would ever even be considered. For more reasons that his music. (in my opinion again)

:)

Isn't this a fun thread? :yikes

Back