Djabe & Steve Hackett

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just saw this on Burning Shed, I hope I didn't duplicate someone else's thread....

Life is a Journey: The Sardinia Tapes (cd/dvd pre-order)

It does include a 5.1 mix according to Burning Shed.

Burning Shed

I was going to put this in the Rumor Mill section, but I guess it's not a rumor. ;)

Definitely not a rumour. :banana:

Here's info from the band's website, stating that "...the DVD features the complete audio material from the CD in 24bit/96kHz resolution in stereo and surround version" - although my gut tells me we won't get a DVD-A this time around. Also, here's a pre-order link from Cherry Red Records.

Hi,
The surround mix is a really good and inspiring. We wanted to release a DVD-A, but Cherry Red decided to go ahead with DVD-Video disc. The stereo is PCM, the surround is DTS. Phil Shulman done the authoring.

Enjoy!
Attila Egerhazi

Hi,
The surround mix is a really good and inspiring. We wanted to release a DVD-A, but Cherry Red decided to go ahead with DVD-Video disc. The stereo is PCM, the surround is DTS. Phil Shulman done the authoring.

Enjoy!
Attila Egerhazi

It's arrived at home today and I am enjoying it! Very nice surround mix (y)

Listening to the cd in my car today... love the music; reminds me of “Winelight”, but with more emphasis on guitars! Can’t wait to check out the surround mix tonight... (hope the surround mix reminds me of Winelight!)

Got mine also, on track 9 of the audio DVD DTS 96/24 and so far I know this one will score high, fits in with my music mood as I have just recently, and finally, acquired three of the Miles Davis surround discs and this fits right in! Great bass, great jazzy trumpets, great guitar, great drums, great percussion, great surround with a full wide open soundfield, plenty of atmosphere with discrete swirly clockwise and counterclockwise elements and other surround ear candy, and did I mention lots of great bass?, because the bass is really great on this!

Like or Thank this post if you want a poll for this particular title (in the DTS DVD-V poll section)
(Trying to gauge interest & see how many own this title so far)

:)

Your post made me realise I hadn't bought it, so I did along with Djabe's CD+DVD "Message From The Road" (and in one of those madness moments for a huge £5 a 7" of two Squackett tracks!)

Like or Thank this post if you want a poll for this particular title (in the DTS DVD-V poll section)
(Trying to gauge interest & see how many own this title so far)

:)

Just had an e-mail, a new live one, limited to 500 copies. Ordered!

djabe.jpg

http://djabe.hu/en/js_albums/it-is-never-the-same-twice/

Djabe with Steve Hackett and Gulli Briem – It Is Never The Same Twice CD+DVD
500 limited copies only!

Djabe released two albums with Steve Hackett, in 2017, at the Cherry Red Records Esoteric Antenna of England. The album Summer Storms (CD+DVD format), containing the 2011 Bratislava concert, became one of the record label’s global bestseller in 2017. The studio album Life Is A Journey, released in October 2017, also achieved outstanding success, with very positive feedback from both the audience and professional critics. The guitarist of Genesis and the no.1 Hungarian Jazz/World fusion band are to release their 3rd album under 1 year, 15th February 2018. Djabe’s new live album features Steve Hackett and Gulli Briem (drummer of Mezzoforte). The line-up toured through Hungary, Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic during June 2017. This edition, available in Digipak, contains one CD and one DVD. The CD recorded at Miskolc, Hungary, the closing gig of the summer tour. The DVD contains recordings of the concert at the Budapest Jazz Club, Hungary. Gigs feature compositions from Djabe, Steve Hackett, Genesis and Gulli Briem. These unique gigs profoundly charmed the audience, once again. DVD9, PAL, stereo PCM, 24/96 DTS 5.1
Steve Hackett - guitar, vocal
Gulli Briem - drums, percussion
Barabás Tamás - bass guitar
Égerházi Attila - guitar, percussion
Koós-Hutás Áron - trumpet, flugelhorn
Nagy János - keyboards

Hmm... Still no comment's about latest Djabe live DVD "It Is Never The Same Twice"? Right now I'm watching/listening my copy, received it yesterday from bands own webshop.
Wow! This is superb live DVD with excellent discrete DTS 5.1 96/24 sound. I was hooked by the punchy sound from Tamás Barabás bass guitar, very cool! The picture quality is good for dvd, but I think it could've been better... The problem is the heavy red and purple stage lightning. But it's just a nit-picking.:) Overall this is a great perfomance from Djabe with Steve Hackett and Gulli Briem, I've enjoyed every second of it. Highly recommended!!!(y)

By the way, Djabe announced a new album "Flow" on May 15, 2018 and it also would contain a DVD with surround mix (will release later in June)! :banana: Finger crossed!

djabe_dvd.jpg

I managed to listen to the 5.1 DVD today, excellent music & mix, get one before they disappear! only 500 being made. I haven't listened to the CD yet, its a different gig.

Is there much audience noise on this one it's the one thing that puts me off live discs, Dire Straits alchemy bluray is one of the worst in my opinion sounds more like a football crowd :yikes

No, the applause only appears at the ends of the tracks in the rears. The mix is wrap round so its like you're in the front row or on stage, not 'ambience'. So immersive rather than discrete placements.

Is there much audience noise on this one it's the one thing that puts me off live discs, Dire Straits alchemy bluray is one of the worst in my opinion sounds more like a football crowd :yikes

Back