RIP Skip Prokop Lighthouse founder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossfan

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Read today that Skip Prokop, one of the founders of Cdn group Lighthouse passed away today. RIP Skip..

And to the subject matter of the forum, he was the drummer in The Live Adventures of Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield, available (with probable channel-assignation issues) in Quad.

May he rest in peace.

The big hit "One Fine Morning" was charting high at a point in my childhood that is very hard to forget for me. We were moving from apt. In one area of the city to a much nicer one in a better area of the same city. But this upgrade required us to live in a motel or hotel room for two months while my mom worked and saved for the deposit and first and last.

I thought at the time that we were waiting for the new carpet and paint and getting it all exactly right, when truth was we were broke and about at the end of our rope. Very hard times.

The great 70 and 71 hits were my little wonderful world where it all was fine and good. And that Lighthouse hit was but one example of how "good" things were to me.

Back