Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went into my account on CDJapan and the transaction is still there...BUT...when I clicked on the title...it's gone....I'm going to have to turn my attention to an 185 MPH Female(Irma)that's headed my way in Clearwater Florida..I went to my local Costco to get a few things at noon today and it was a spectacle...the lot was filled and the gas lines looked like it was 1973 all over again...all the water in Costco was gone and everybody's shopping cart had batteries and toilet paper in it... back to music related observations....I did notice that the Tapestry listing on CDJapan is still intact...

I'm not so sure that Paul Simon has control over the music for that album....if he doesn't... the record company/rights holder can do what they want...many artists are "over ruled" in their requests...and Paul Simon's days of being a "star" have gone...I remember how Van "the man" Morrison refused to give his blessing for Moondance...but that certainly did not stop the record company...I seriously doubt that Simon has anything to do with this...the people that do these projects NOW(unlike in the past)wouldn't go ahead with them and spend the money without getting approval...I seriously doubt it...

Yeah, Clint, I've been following the news and IRMA's a doozy. Really hope it goes up the coast [away from land] and dissipates. Just stay safe. Unfortunately, some of those tiny Caribbean Islands in Irma's direct path may literally vanish!

My thoughts on BOTW: maybe they OVERBAKED the tapes and made a souffle out of it. Who knows what shape those old masters are in. But the Japanese are so secretive we'll probably never get the complete story. And if it was delayed, CDJapan would probably just have altered the release date or else specified CANCELLED like they used to do with the SHM~SACD releases. But some of those canceled releases did miraculously get released down the pike.

I would agree with Clint Eastwood that Paul Simon has anything to do with whatever is going on with the release. The copyright laws differ from country to country. A lawyer could send a demand letter of blah, blah, to Sony. And that might pause things. But this is a Japan only release, technically specking. Doesn't look good when web pages go away though. We can hope that it's only a disc manufacturing issue. At any rate, most of us have bought this in one form or another over the years.

Perhaps the "Bridge Over Troubled Water" collapsed. And those sure are troubled waters around Japan these days.

If this doesn't come out, it will really annoy me as this is a classic album that lends itself very well to surround. This is almost as bad as when the SACD Bertini Maher cycle, which many people consider to be among the best if not the best, was scheduled for Christmas Day 2013. I was planning on giving myself an expensive but well-deserved Christmas present but alas my hopes were dashed when it was withdrawn at the last minute. It was only going to be hybrid stereo but still would have been well worth it.

Here's hoping for the best.

This is what is currently posted at CDJapan:

Currently, SACD Multi Hybrid Edition of Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (SICP-10121) that was listed at this page became unavailable temporarily. As soon as it becomes available for orders again, the item will be listed normally again at this page.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10121

Currently, SACD Multi Hybrid Edition of Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (SICP-10121) that was listed at this page became unavailable temporarily. As soon as it becomes available for orders again, the item will be listed normally again at this page.

Maybe it depends on which browser is used - and new revised listing is up.

Maybe they just wanted a better written description (and a higher front/line pricing scale) due to all the questions that they kept getting. And there is nothing to get hung up about. Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean anything is wrong, or anything is right either.

Maybe it depends on which browser is used - and new revised listing is up.

Maybe they just wanted a better written description (and a higher front/line pricing scale) due to all the questions that they kept getting. And there is nothing to get hung up about. Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean anything is wrong, or anything is right either.

Maybe they figured "Hey, if everybody is buying two of these, maybe we are selling them too cheap!" :confused:

I still get this though ... "Currently, SACD Multi Hybrid Edition of Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (SICP-10121) that was listed at this page became unavailable temporarily. As soon as it becomes available for orders again, the item will be listed normally again at this page" ... on MS Edge and Google Chrome.

Maybe they figured "Hey, if everybody is buying two of these, maybe we are selling them too cheap!" :confused:

Right first they lowered price because Beck seemed so darn high to everyone, then they saw the interest in this title being double that of Beck in quad and the suits on the top flooor corner offices said hold on a minute, we never promised such a low price!!!!

They ain't leaving no money on the table here.

Right first they lowered price because Beck seemed so darn high to everyone, then they saw the interest in this title being double that of Beck in quad and the suits on the top flooor corner offices said hold on a minute, we never promised such a low price!!!!

They ain't leaving no money on the table here.

My credit card transaction is complete, so I guess it pays not to procrastinate.

I had mine in my cart from two days ago, hemming and hawing whether I wanted to add more to save on overall shipping costs. Today, after reading the panic, I checked and my cart was still intact so I ordered Tapestry and Communique [Stereo-SHM-SACD] and pulled the trigger and it went through.

I really friggin' hope this releases comes through, this is a biggie.

So if not the foil cover version then the SACD should resemble this lp.

20170905_211143.jpg20170905_211200.jpg

Ditto for me. Fingers crossed.

I had mine in my cart from two days ago, hemming and hawing whether I wanted to add more to save on overall shipping costs. Today, after reading the panic, I checked and my cart was still intact so I ordered Tapestry and Communique [Stereo-SHM-SACD] and pulled the trigger and it went through.

I really friggin' hope this releases comes through, this is a biggie.

So if not the foil cover version then the SACD should resemble this lp.

View attachment 30613View attachment 30614

Maybe that's what the controversy was over...whether to use the 7" foil cover or not since the Japanese ARE sticklers for detail....and I believe the foil cover was only used for the first SQ Japanese pressing....and consequently reverted to the above more traditional cover for additional pressings.

I see the same, though CD Japan hasn't cancelled my order of a few days ago. Lets just hope so many ordered it Sony have had to go and ask for an increase in the production batch size!

Well, they charged my Paypal account and I have not received a cancellation notice so I'm hoping for the best.
Maybe they just needed to update the webpage? Add a photo? Maybe because of the flood of interest they had to take off the "Limited Edition" tag? haha.

Lately, it seems there has been too much drama in life. So instead of cancelling my order I decided to let it ride. Maybe this will come in? Maybe the day before release N. Korea will do something crazy causing all orders for all things everywhere to be canceled indefinitely? Who knows. It's one of life's fun little benefits, this quad (possibly). So I am letting my order ride on the hope that it gets here. And if it doesn't turn out as I hoped, then I may at last still get something in the mail from far away that is shiny and pretty. It may be worth something some day.

Back