Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the same email in my spam box!

But if you click on the product link on the email it goes to Page Not Found! If it turns out having had the Quad layer removed I'll cancel as that's all I'm interested in, nice album, but I already have it on vinyl and CD in stereo.

Somebody from cdJapan must be watching this thread....I just mentioned that I thought the date was changed on my order from Nov 1st to Nov 8th...well I just received an email from cdJapan and it said..."we have just received an UPDATE from the distributor...the release date has been changed from Nov 1st to Nov 8th".....to me that is good news and explains the removal of the item description:)...it also makes me feel better to know that I didn't just imagine the date change...

A couple of minutes ago I just got this disturbing news from CDJapan:

"We are sending you this email to let you know that we just received an update from the Sony Music Entertainment informing us that the release of the item below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

Bridge Over Troubled Water [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)][Limited Release]
Simon & Garfunkel
Release Date: November 8, 2017
Catalog Number: SICP-10121

No details about the reason for cancellation has been provided.

At this time, there is no indication to show whether or not it might be released at a later time in the future.

Therefore, it needed to be cancelled from your order 10109071530.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please write back to this email in case our assistance is needed.

Thank you so much for shopping at CDJapan."

This is a real shame as this great album would have been wonderful in surround sound.

Jim

Sad news indeed..looks like it's been cancelled..just received this update from CdJapan:

We are sending you this email to let you know that we just received an update from the Sony Music Entertainment informing us that the release of the item below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

Simon & Garfunkel

At this time, there is no indication to show whether or not it might be released at a later time in the future.

Therefore, it needed to be cancelled from your order ...........

Accordingly, we issued a refund in the amount via PayPal to you for the above item.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

According to CD Japan, the Bridge Over Troubled Water Multichannel SACD has been cancelled.

"We are sending you this email to let you know that we just received
an update from the Sony Music Entertainment informing us that the
release of the item below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

Simon & Garfunkel

At this time, there is no indication to show whether or not it might
be released at a later time in the future.

Therefore, it needed to be cancelled from your order.

Accordingly, we issued a refund in the amount via PayPal to you for
the above item.

We are sorry for the inconvenience."

How can my love for Paul Simon go from being the Greatest human to the crappiest human in under a minute.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too close to your Heroes is effing right!

Art, I still love ya, but not if you had anything to do with this. lol

According to CD Japan, the Bridge Over Troubled Water Multichannel SACD has been cancelled.

Disappointing as this news is (and it really is) I am at least glad that within twenty minutes of receiving that same email I received a refund via PayPal. I was a bit worried about a headache I'd/when this release fell through. In fact, several weeks ago I emailed them asking if I could cancel the order if there was no quad later. Their response was brief but revealed the sender's own frustration at the confusion over the title. They intimated they were completely in the dark and that this wasn't normal operating procedure.

Bugger
I could have ordered it from Michael Robin when I had the chance
Bloody Kids take up all the money I could have wasted

Got the cancellation email also. And the labels and artists wonder why disenchanted people seek out the quads from dubious sources? I personally do not, but it is frustrating when something like this cancellation happens.

It seems ironic that CDJapan sent out this last night. Why? Because yesterday morning, I decided to email them again and basically told them a lot of folks have been waiting a long time and have already spent the money. I told them I wanted them to refund money if the disc is not coming. And...look what happened.

(n)

"We are sending you this email to let you know that we just received an update from the Sony Music Entertainment informing us that the release of the item below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

Quaddus Interruptus!

Boy, when they say Limited Release, they REALLY mean it!

It seems ironic that CDJapan sent out this last night. Why? Because yesterday morning, I decided to email them again and basically told them a lot of folks have been waiting a long time and have already spent the money. I told them I wanted them to refund money if the disc is not coming. And...look what happened.

(n)

So Gene, how does it feel to have attained the lofty position of "Most Influential QuadraphonicQuad Member?" :D

Back