Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's back on Amazon.co.jp now.

Not really. :(

It's just incredible how FAST it was removed from Sony, CDJapan, Tower Records, amazon.jp and most every other Japanese site that it was on. I mean, there it was, the fans here and there found it, got pretty excited about it, pre-ordered it, and suddenly it just VANISHED from the internet - like THAT!

Such a fast reaction to something so insignificant to 99.9999999999999999999% of the world population has to make one wonder.

Speaking of CDJapan there are lots of choices coming up

Pink Floyd http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/pink_floyd_japan_original_15_mini_lp_reissues

Savoy Brown
Cardboard sleeve reissue from Savoy Brown. The mini LP faithfully replicates its UK first pressing LP design. Includes an obi, faithfully replicating its Japan first pressing LP design. Features remastering in 2017 based on the UK original master tapes. Comes with lyrics and a description. This series features the following titles: "Shake Down," "Getting To The Point," "Blue Matter," "A Step Further," "Raw Sienna," "Looking In," "Street Corner Talking," "Hellbound Train," "Lion's Share," "Jack The Toad," and "Boogie Brothers."

Two new Stones, etc.

But in the meantime Bridge Over... and Tapestry has been successfully ordered by myself.

It certainly doesn't fit with Track 4 on BOTW .............................."Keep The Customer Satisfied" :confused: :couch

It's just incredible how FAST it was removed from Sony, CDJapan, Tower Records, amazon.jp and most every other Japanese site that it was on. I mean, there it was, the fans here and there found it, got pretty excited about it, pre-ordered it, and suddenly it just VANISHED from the internet - like THAT!

Such a fast reaction to something so insignificant to 99.9999999999999999999% of the world population has to make one wonder.

It is there. I provided the link above. It was Amazon.co.jp not CDJapan

Jon, I 'suspect' there are a multitude of 'closeted Quaddies' lurking out there who don't post on any websites [or referred to as GUESTS] but pounce on A~List QUAD releases like BOTW.......further keeping our niche format alive.

Likewise, you're correct in assuming....why all the drama?

Otherwise why would they bother releasing these limited edition QUAD/5.1/Dolby Atmos BD~A titles if there really isn't a sufficient market for them?

Regarding Amazon Japan -- does your U.S. Account login work there, or do you need a separate account?

I recall trying this in the past, and my U.S. Login didn't work.

Thanks,
Steve
Yes, Amazon Japan. It worked for me. Just ordered and already received e mail confirmation. Says Bridge over Tomorrow. The e mail description does say 4.0 though. Expected delivery date is November 4 to 7th.

A while ago, I pulled out my Q4 copy of the SQ record that I had decoded from the Lafayette SQ-W and began listening. I heard some nice discreetness and thought- WOW that really sounds great for an SQ record. I double checked the reel and noticed I had mixed up the SQ reel copy with my Q8 reel and was listening to a copy of the Q8. So, yea, I love the discrete quad mix from the Q8 ( I have 3 of them and just cant keep myself from buying those old Q8's of this title every time i see them in the thrifts). I knew that getting a copy of the Robin reel was never going to happen so I've been watching this thread very closely. When it was determined this WAS THE Quadraphonic disc I pounced immediately even at the $45 price with shipping. I probably shouldn't say this but I dont care how much they want for it, i will pay it! So to you executives out there who decide what quad to make available, give me Bookends or how about that rare Carpenters Q4 of "Now and Then". Put those out there and you've got me over a barrel!!

Regarding Amazon Japan -- does your U.S. Account login work there, or do you need a separate account?

I recall trying this in the past, and my U.S. Login didn't work.

Thanks,
Steve
My current login account did not work. I had to dig up my old login account from years ago. Also had to update credit card info. It's been a while.
BTW, what is 5,150 yen anyway. That is the total with shipping.

Thanks for the info.

About $47 shipped. That's about what it cost when I ordered from cdjapan.

My current login account did not work. I had to dig up my old login account from years ago. Also had to update credit card info. It's been a while.
BTW, what is 5,150 yen anyway. That is the total with shipping.

Thanks for the info.

About $47 shipped. That's about what it cost when I ordered from cdjapan.
Thanks. I missed the boat with CD Japan as I was out of the country on vacation when it was announced. See what happens when I turn off QQ for a few days. Who says there is no surround sound being released. It seems every time a company strikes out releasing surround sound someone else steps up to the plate.

So, is Amazon JP the only site showing this title still? I have to admit, I find this all a bit unsettling. Regardless, I still have my original order from CDJapan...even though they still do not list the damn thing....

If CD Japan has sold out their initial allotment of this Surround SACD, it may make sense to pull the option to pre-order until they can get more copies for pre-order.
As November approaches, we will see if other sellers emerge.

If the sties listed this title as being 'out of stock' that would be one thing, though if this is a pre-order, what would be the point of that? It sure is unsettling that it's been removed from several places. We shall see, but....

ED :)

CDJapan acknowledged my order last week, and my CC was approved.

A pre-charge "authorization" appeared in my online banking statement. It stayed there two or three days and is gone now; no $$ changed hands.

I have not received any cancellation notice, beyond the temporarily unavailable posting.

But.............this isn't going to happen, is it?

Back