Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered CDJapan. My experience with all the 7" mini discs is they have advertising in there packaging and all discs become released. That was true with Jeff Beck, I believe Santana is still on the way.

Welcome back, Markie. It's been awhile.

You're certainly right about Sony Japan's subtle [or NOT so subtle] hints contained within their 7" packaging but IMO, BOTW came out of nowhere since so much ink has been spilled on this forum concerning Paul Simon's opposition to having his back catalogue released in QUAD. I'm sure a lot of us would love to have all S&G's QUAD output released, finally, including their solo projects: Paul Simon [eponymous first album], Graceland, There Goes Rhymin' Simon, Still Crazy After All These Years, Breakaway, Angel Clare, etc.......especially the never released Bookends.

Admittedly, the price IS steep but Sony Japan's deluxe 7" packaging with unerring attention to detail and stellar sonics, IMO, makes the expense somewhat justifiable.

And Let's face the real facts: the BEST things in life just aren't FREE anymore! FAR FROM IT. Even the air we breathe has VAT!*

{*Value added TAX}

Me too, but I'll get stung for import duty into the UK, so I'm really hoping it has the Quad mix!

Can import duty be paid at checkout? The ten quid odd processing fee over here would make it something like £50 which is too much for me.

WooHoo! I'm in, here's hoping the 4.0 part comes to pass as that would be Quadtastic! I have only ever had S&G via the Collected Works CD stereo box set (which ain't half bad) and a download of BOTW in the Quad that I thought was from a reel but when I play it there seems to be a low level rumble through the whole thing :( so would love a high quality Sony Japan release of the Quad, so bring it on!

I'm sure a lot of us would love to have all S&G's QUAD output released, finally, including their solo projects: Paul Simon [eponymous first album], Graceland, There Goes Rhymin' Simon, Still Crazy After All These Years, Breakaway, Angel Clare, etc.......especially the never released Bookends.

Wait -- there's a quad version of GRACELAND?

:lookaround

Unreleased 5.1, apparently, but too late for official quad era.

Not apparently, actually.

Both "GRACELAND" and "RYTHM OF THE SAINTS" were mixed in 5.1 and ProSurround Magazine got the delightful opportunity to review them in an article (sometime early in the millenium).

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT !!!!! ,I think .....that they s/b shelved.:rolleyes:

I'm all in on The Bridge....I have the surround version of Tapestry and I'm not sure this new version will be better...given the state of the original recording...what a great album...I listened to it yesterday and it's content just blows me away.

The only reason I suspected stereo only is that the price is lower than that of the Beck quads on SACD from Japan.

Why did they lower the price? Too many complaints?

Last edited:
Grrrr... I don't have any cdjapan points right now. >$40 is asking an awful lot for one disc.
Still, if the quad is absolutely confirmed and there is still any stock I'll probably pick this up for my Mom's birthday. Her OPPO needs some OPPO Chow.
Yeah, well the original album was a $5.98 list price and quad was a dollar higher at $6.98 which was like paying $34 in 1973. So $40 is only a little extra cash over $34.

It's one way to look at it.

Yeah, well the original album was a $5.98 list price and quad was a dollar higher at $6.98 which was like paying $34 in 1973. So $40 is only a little extra cash over $34.

It's one way to look at it.

And you were literally wasting that extra dollar on the SQ version as the decoders of the time literally sucked and you'd have to wait until 2014 until the Surround master came out before you could properly decode it.

So, yes, adjusting for inflation, $38.10 + $4.63 [500 yen] for SAL s/h ain't such a bad deal after all for an SACD QUAD title which we'd never thought would transpire.

And before you're thinking about the other options: VERY doubtful SONY would've ever granted licensing rights to AF, AP or even Dutton Vocalion for this A list title....or, for that matter, any other SONY/RCA QUAD "Legacy" titles.

Back