Amazon's Echo Dot in a car

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is this different from connecting your Android phone via bluetooth to your car stereo and saying "Ok Google" and give command?

Not sure I really understand the difference in Alexa and Google Home products vs. the Android assistant.

How is this different from connecting your Android phone via bluetooth to your car stereo and saying "Ok Google" and give command?

Not sure I really understand the difference in Alexa and Google Home products vs. the Android assistant.

For me the main difference is the hardware itself........the echo dot really understands my commands.......has more features.......a full integration with my spotify account......and overall alexa is more friendly...........and a more neat connection.....i use the auxiliary input of my car (because my car is not bluetooth capable) and the sound quality is great.

Believe me.......the difference is not abysmall......but echo dot is superior than google assistant.....

The two most used features of android assistant for me are navigation and calling someone. For example, I say "Ok Google, navigate to Home Depot" or "Ok Google, Call John Smith". Can Alexa connect to your cell phone to do these tasks?

And don't get me wrong, I give you an A+ for being creative! But I'm just trying to see how it would help me in my daily tasks.

And even if your car did have bluetooth, I'd still rather use the 3.5mm jack!

The two most used features of android assistant for me are navigation and calling someone. For example, I say "Ok Google, navigate to Home Depot" or "Ok Google, Call John Smith". Can Alexa connect to your cell phone to do these tasks?

And don't get me wrong, I give you an A+ for being creative! But I'm just trying to see how it would help me in my daily tasks.

And even if your car did have bluetooth, I'd still rather use the 3.5mm jack!

Alexa cant help you for the features that you use the most, navigation and calling. For navigation I use Waze, and use voice recognition embedded in the app; for calling I still can use "ok google". However for other features, most of the time I had problems with "ok google" recognizing my commands (and my English is not the best one, im from Mexico, native Spanish speaker). I have an LG G5 and a Samsung S7 and when playing music it was almost impossible for the app to recognize my voice and understand my commands.

However, you can have the best of both worlds, having the two devices on your car¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ I bought the echo dot for like 30 USD I guess (in a recurrent promo).

not meant to be a pessimist-but it will eavesdrop on conversations as shown by the system that called the cops on a couple who were arguing. It did not like the "tone" of the voices it heard, proving it does listen to what you say.

Back