RIP Dave Hlubek

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:howl:howl:howl

Snood saw them Waaaaaayyy back with The Outlaws/Ronnie Van Zant Band on a New Years Eve Concert 1980 here in Florida - They were huge in Florida

Snood remembers very lil from the concert except - The Outlaws were somewhat impressive..........being that Danny Joe Brown had to quit for a few years and was replaced after me bought the tix grrrrrrrr:howl

http://rocktourdatabase.com/sites/rocktourdatabase.com/files/1980-12-30.gif

Yeah at one point Snood liked me some Lynyrd, Blackfoot and well stuff like that along with my rock stuffffffff .............:rolleyes:

but 78 to 80 Molly Hatchet was something special

Saw the Outlaws & Molly Hatchet on 11/12/78 in Springfield MA. We were front row in front of the speakers with no hearing protection, but aside from the ear abuse I loved the show. MH warmed up and between sets Dave Hlubek was at the stage barrier signing autographs. We were right there and he signed my stub, which I still have. Friendly guy. I may try to dig it out and put a scan here.

RIP.

:howl:howl:howl

Snood saw them Waaaaaayyy back with The Outlaws/Ronnie Van Zant Band on a New Years Eve Concert 1980 here in Florida - They were huge in Florida

Snood remembers very lil from the concert except - The Outlaws were somewhat impressive..........being that Danny Joe Brown had to quit for a few years and was replaced after me bought the tix grrrrrrrr:howl

http://rocktourdatabase.com/sites/rocktourdatabase.com/files/1980-12-30.gif

Yeah at one point Snood liked me some Lynyrd, Blackfoot and well stuff like that along with my rock stuffffffff .............:rolleyes:

but 78 to 80 Molly Hatchet was something special

Exactly the same in the mid-west. Molly Hatchet was sort of an underground band that EVERYONE seemed to know about around here. All cars and all parties had Flirtin With Disaster cranked.....what a wonderful album. :)

RIP!

Exactly the same in the mid-west. Molly Hatchet was sort of an underground band that EVERYONE seemed to know about around here. All cars and all parties had Flirtin With Disaster cranked.....what a wonderful album. :)

RIP!

The title track is a southern rock guitar tour de force!!!

Molly Hatchett, The Outlaws and Blackfoot didn't go entirely unnoticed by myself here in the UK :D I have three or four albums of each of them, Outlaws s/t and Lady in waiting was played only last week.;)

Here is my stub back & front. Holli L was my girlfriend and we attended together.

1978-11-12 Molly Hatchet Autograph.jpg1978-11-12 Outlaws-Molly Hatchet.jpg

A nice artifact from a nice guy.

Wow...very cool...what year was that?

1978 - Molly Hatchet were the warmup act and were touring their first album which was released 9/1/78. I was a fan of many of their songs and still like a tape I have from that first tour - a KBFH show I think. At that time I liked their version of Dreams better than the Allman Brothers.

That album went Platinum in 1980 - would love to hear it in surround!

Back