Quad LP/Tape Poll Geils, J., Band: Nightmares (...And Other Tales from the Vinyl Jungle) [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Nightmares"

• 10: Tops

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocre

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Atlantic QD 18107 from 1974.

Nightmares cd4.jpg
Nightmares q8.jpg

Side 1:

Detroit Breakdown
Givin' It All Up
Must of Got Lost
Look Me in the Eye
Nightmares

Side 2:

Stoop Down #39
I'll Be Coming Home
Funky Judge
Gettin' Out

ED :)

Great album, great quad mix. 9!!!
Agreed.

Some very accessible and catchy stuff along with an excellent quad mix makes for a great listen. The courtroom track is delightfully absurd. Only flaw I find with the mix is the vocal in all four speakers - I would've preferred center front, but it's not a deal breaker. Love the way the acoustic guitar creeps up from right rear in "Must Of Got Lost". I've got a nice CD-4 copy and the transfer to digital came out quite well.

Maybe someday we'll get this and the unreleased Bloodshot quad.

This album is one of those hidden gems of the Warner Quadraphonic library. You don't hear much about it, but it's really a great quad mix. The gem of the album for the uninitiated is the hit song "Musta Got Lost". Those listening to radio back in the mid '70s will recognize this tune immediately if you don't remember it on sight. It got a lot of airplay.

Here's a look at my Q8 rip of that song. You can't really tell much from looking at wav files, but you can see that it's not a 'fake quad' mix, and there are things that jump out at you from different speakers when you listen to the mix.

This one rates high in my book, and like I said, it's almost a forgotten gem..........

Musta Got Lost.jpg

This album is one of those hidden gems of the Warner Quadraphonic library. You don't hear much about it, but it's really a great quad mix. The gem of the album for the uninitiated is the hit song "Musta Got Lost". Those listening to radio back in the mid '70s will recognize this tune immediately if you don't remember it on sight. It got a lot of airplay.

Here's a look at my Q8 rip of that song. You can't really tell much from looking at wav files, but you can see that it's not a 'fake quad' mix, and there are things that jump out at you from different speakers when you listen to the mix.

This one rates high in my book, and like I said, it's almost a forgotten gem..........

View attachment 87837

Would be nice if Dutton or SDE could do something with this...

Would be nice if Dutton or SDE could do something with this...

or Quadio!!! ;)

I had the Q8 rip pictured above on my PC this afternoon just to get myself into a JG mood. It is a strange listen as the lead vocal is in all 4 speakers. It might just be my hearing, but it sounds a little strange like that. It will be interesting to hear it on the BluRay with no hiss or flutter. I would think those on the fence might make the leap for this title on BluRay just for the hit song, then find that the rest of the tunes are pretty good as well. It's not like it's a $100 Box set of this album with scarves, marbles and an 180g LP

There's a lot to be said for listening to stuff that hasn't been played to death, and "Must a Got Lost" didn't get burned out on Classic Rock like many other hit tracks of the era.

PS - It's a little sad that Ed Bishop (Who started this Poll), and other quad guys are no longer with us to listen to these upcoming digital issues of the treasured Quadradiscs.

Back