Quad LP/Tape Poll Bachman-Turner Overdrive: Bachman-Turner Overdrive [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate BTO 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocre

• 1: Utter crap

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Mercury MQ8-1-673 from 1973.

Program 1:

Gimme Your Money Please
Hold Back the Water
Little Gandy Dancer
Thank You for the Feelin'

Program 2:

Stayed Awake All Night
Down and Out Man
Don't Get Yourself in Trouble
Blue Collar

ED :)

Mercury MQ8-1-673 from 1973.

Program 1:

Gimme Your Money Please
Hold Back the Water
Little Gandy Dancer
Thank You for the Feelin'

Program 2:

Stayed Awake All Night
Down and Out Man
Don't Get Yourself in Trouble
Blue Collar

ED :)

BTO wasn't decently known here in its days, so i familiarized very late. Have a soft spot for "stayed awake all night": isn't the typical BTO sound (have all Q8), but has a great drumming that drive the whole song. Of course feelings of Guess Who are more present here than in the followings albums (Blue Collars would fit well in a GW album), and the mix is quite good.

Also very expensive Japan CD4
https://www.discogs.com/Bachman-Turner-Overdrive-Bachman-Turner-Overdrive/release/8298161

I wasn't to big on BTO back in the day as the music just seemed to be much too simple. As I recall "Gimme Your Money Please" was the only hit from this album. Now jumping from AM radio to Quad, this album is fantastic, one of the best immersive mixes ever. I love all the BTO Quads, but like this one the best, especially "Stayed Awake All Night". I'll give it a 10 and that's based on the Q8 version, would love to have the CD-4. This should be released on SACD!

Last edited:
I wasn't to big on BTO back in the day as the music just seemed to be much too simple. As I recall "Gimme Your Money Please" was the only hit from this album. Now jumping from AM radio to Quad, this album is fantastic, one of the best immersive mixes ever. I love all the BTO Quads, but like this one the best, especially "Stayed Awake All Knight". I'll give it a 10 and that's based on the Q8 version, would love to have the CD-4. This should be released on SACD!

Knight????? ;)

I have all the BTO Q8's, and this is my favorite. Great music and good quad. Sure hope these BTO quads come out in hi rez someday soon. Would make a great Rhino Quadio 5 set release on blu ray like the Chicago set. Heres hoping. I vote a 10.

Back