I Wish SACD & DSD Would Go Away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The default 'argument' from some here is that if A and B sounded different it's the format. It's just unquestioned.

You ignored me saying that it could be down to the discs just not being good sounding discs or that it could be due to the way the new system is decoding. I have not been unquestioning. Even where I've suggested that I thought I heard a sonic signature that allows for at least three not assumed bias variables, the DSD system itself, the encoders, and for that matter the decoders. You conveniently ignore half of what I say, while assuming a position of rationale that you don't back up with what you are ignoring. I'm for blind double testing, I'm up for things being measured, but the best you can come up with is that I might not be hearing it (or probably aren't, whatever way you want to spin it) with no measuring of my (perceived, if you like) experience. You are doing what you are accusing me of in your case of half using science. Both of our positions can be measured, neither of us has specifically measured them. I'm totally up for a null test as both of the discs I've not liked the sound of have been released in multiple multi-channel formats, of which I've not heard the other formats to know how they sound in relation. Note that *again* I've allowed for doubt in what I may be hearing or the reason I may (or may not) be hearing it.

This thread should be renamed, "I wish this thread would go away"

[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearing a room with tech talk is a special talent of mine. :D

Last edited:

And, that was my sorry attempt at adding humor to a thread that feels destined for the...well...you know. :banana:

That's because you were straying off topic, from the off topic discussion. :banana:

Interesting. It was just the other day when the owner of this Forum called someone out and claimed Posts are never removed. This wasn’t the first time it has happened to me. It’s one of the reasons why I left this Forum for almost a year, not too long ago. I see quite a lot of Posts that stray off topic and the ones I usually leave are far from it. ?

By the way, I agree with the topic of this Thread. I find DSD and SACD unnecessary.

Interesting. It was just the other day when the owner of this Forum called someone out and claimed Posts are never removed. This wasn’t the first time it has happened to me. It’s one of the reasons why I left this Forum for almost a year, not too long ago. I see quite a lot of Posts that stray off topic and the ones I usually leave are far from it. ?

By the way, I agree with the topic of this Thread. I find DSD and SACD unnecessary.

That is not what I said. Posts are not removed because of a dissenting opinion or an opinion not shared by many. Posts are removed by moderators if they are in bad taste, in the wrong place, or do not pertain to the topic.

I cordially invite anyone who has an issue with this policy to leave, Bye, don't let the demodulator hit you in the ass. :mad:

You ignored me saying that it could be down to the discs just not being good sounding discs or that it could be due to the way the new system is decoding.

I actually included those two alternates in the original, but edited them out, because really, they're offered rarely enough to be beside the point.

The *point* is that you didn't include the most salient possibility, the one that science would consider *first*. And that omission is all too common. Sighted bias is not merely 'the best can come up with' for what you are hearing. It is a primary factor that has to be considered. You seriously do not seem to get how primary it is. You seem think it's just another equal possibility among several.

The rest of your reply was really just more of the same audiophile special pleading.

That is not what I said. Posts are not removed because of a dissenting opinion or an opinion not shared by many. Posts are removed by moderators if they are in bad taste, in the wrong place, or do not pertain to the topic.

I cordially invite anyone who has an issue with this policy to leave, Bye, don't let the demodulator hit you in the ass. :mad:

Okay. My mistake. Moving on...:)

Okay. My mistake. Moving on...:)

Hey there, don't take it personally. I guess it might have come off that way. Anyway, if anyone thinks their post got canned they can always PM me and I can find out why and get back to you. Honestly, the Mods here do a great job and are very fair.

They do a lot of post moving that I've noticed lately, mostly to keep things in some semblance of order. Lord knows things can really wander in QQ threads. Let's just say there are many tangents one might fall into! ;)

Anyway, if you find your post gone, PM me or a mod. It might not get it back, but at least we might find out the reason. Many times the mod will PM someone if a post gets tanked because it is out of line.

Hey, I hate PC Shit. But if it gets too political here, or if long arguments go on and people take sides, well, then this place becomes just like every other internet chat area. We don't need that here.

We are a small group of a small group. We should all get along and have peace and harmony. That's what makes me happy. Not deleting posts and banning folks. I hate that.

Really, I do.

Cool!..I bought this on LP a few years ago (minnnnntyyy!!! with shrinwrap and hype sticker!!!), so I think I'll pass...
AAMOF, I added Billy Squier to my FB and sent him a message and he was really nice and replied!!

BUT...(derail)
isn't it ironic/sad, that a "flawed" format like SACD (I say flaw because of all the ultrasonic noise above 25-30K which DVDA does NOT have) is still alive instead of something WAY MORE COMMON as a DVD (in this case DVDA)???

Anyway, thanks for the great news!

BUT...(derail)
isn't it ironic/sad, that a "flawed" format like SACD (I say flaw because of all the ultrasonic noise above 25-30K which DVDA does NOT have) is still alive instead of something WAY MORE COMMON as a DVD (in this case DVDA)???

I wouldn’t think most people would care and have systems that can play those SACD’s back in either Pure DSD mode or PCM. Plus, I don’t worry about ultrasonic noise that I can’t hear. :)

Back